Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
My friend visited me the other day from out of town. Since I have access to HBOMAX from my ROKU We were going to watch a movie together. She said she could sign in with her name and password and we'd be able to watch it. Unfortunately, when we went to HBOMAX through ROKU, HBOMAX kept asking if I was Jon, which I am, and would I like to sign up or sign in. I haven't belonged to HBOMAX for over a year and as a result she could not sign into her account at my house??? She told me she has done this at our son's house and we have no idea why she couldn't do it here. Any information concerning this would be appreciated.
After reading your instructions, I did the following (did not understand what was meant by "restart ROKU"):
Appreciate your assistance!
1. On my TV using ROKU remote I removed HBOMAX from the list.
2. I then exited ROKU and removed the ROKU drive from the TV
3. After waiting about 1 minute I reinserted the ROKU drive and again entered ROKU on my TV.
4. I went to settings - restart.
5. After the restart process I went to "streaming channels" and added HBOMAX to my home list.
6. When I clicked on HBOMAX I got the same screen "who is watching" with my name in a circle. My options were "Add Adult, A Kid, Manage Profile. Manage profile allowed me to change the color of the circle around my name. Nowhere was the a signin/signon choice.
In your first post you say, "HBOMAX kept asking if I was Jon, which I am, and would I like to sign up or sign in". Now you're saying there's no "sign in" option. Are you saying it was there before, but now that you've removed the channel and added it again it's gone? If you actually try to play a movie what happens?
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution." If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Sorry, I forgot. I reloaded HBOMAX in my ROKU Home and when I click on HBOMAX a page comes up with the menu on the left column with the circle J at the top, a picture of some programs they are showing with a paragraph implying for me to signup and at the bottom the words, "choose a plan".