Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sensuari
Level 8

Watching HBOMAX from a remote location

My friend visited me the other day from out of town.  Since I have access to HBOMAX from my ROKU We were going to watch a movie together.  She said she could sign in with her name and password and we'd be able to watch it.  Unfortunately, when we went to HBOMAX through ROKU, HBOMAX kept asking if I was Jon, which I am, and would I like to sign up or sign in.  I haven't belonged to HBOMAX for over a year and as a result she could not sign into her account at my house???  She told me she has done this at our son's house and we have no idea why she couldn't do it here.  Any information concerning this would be appreciated.

Cheers

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Watching HBOMAX from a remote location

If you choose "sign in" can you input her credentials or only your password?

Try removing the channel, restart your Roku (don't skip), and add the channel again.  That may or may not get past it identifying you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
sensuari
Level 8

After reading your instructions, I did the following (did not understand what was meant by "restart ROKU"): 

Appreciate your assistance!  Smiley Happy

1. On my TV using ROKU remote I removed HBOMAX from the list. 

2. I then exited ROKU and removed the ROKU drive from the TV

3. After waiting about 1 minute I reinserted the ROKU drive and again entered ROKU on my TV.

4. I went to settings - restart.  

5. After the restart process I went to "streaming channels" and added HBOMAX to my home list.

6.  When I clicked on HBOMAX I got the same screen "who is watching" with my name in a circle.  My options were "Add Adult, A Kid, Manage Profile.  Manage profile allowed me to change the color of the circle around my name.  Nowhere was the a signin/signon choice.

Cheers,  Jon

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

In your first post you say, "HBOMAX kept asking if I was Jon, which I am, and would I like to sign up or sign in".  Now you're saying there's no "sign in" option.  Are you saying it was there before, but now that you've removed the channel and added it again it's gone?  If you actually try to play a movie what happens?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
sensuari
Level 8

Thanks for your help!!  Smiley Happy

Sorry, I forgot.  I reloaded HBOMAX in my ROKU Home and when I click on HBOMAX a page comes up with the menu on the left column with the circle J at the top, a picture of some programs they are showing with a paragraph implying for me to signup and at the bottom the words, "choose a plan".

Cheers,

Jon

0 Kudos