Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjm29287
Level 7

Re: Watchespn on Roku

Has anyone gotten a resolution to this issue? I am experiencing the same problem. ESPN app on Roku device says i dont have subscription through my spectrum cable tv provider (i do, verified with spectrum). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
thaKing
Level 7

I believe the issue is that ESPN now wants you to download and pay for ESPN+ (I believe that is the name). That's all I can figure.
0 Kudos
senatorcat
Level 7

I am using a TCL Roku television with the ESPN app.   Removing the app and reinstalling it will not work.  You must go into settings (the gear wheel) select Provider Account then log out of your provider.    Once you log back in, using a web browser and the code displayed in the app, it should work.   My provider is Directv but this issue is occurring with all providers.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"senatorcat" wrote:
I am using a TCL Roku television with the ESPN app.   Removing the app and reinstalling it will not work.  You must go into settings (the gear wheel) select Provider Account then log out of your provider.    Once you log back in, using a web browser and the code displayed in the app, it should work.   My provider is Directv but this issue is occurring with all providers.

Not disputing your suggestion, just noting that to properly remove/reinstall an app, you must: 1) remove, 2) reboot, 3) reinstall, in that order. If you skip the reboot, or do it out of order, you've not properly done it.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
punkinit
Level 7

Im having this issue right now.  We can't watch anything but its letting us watch highlights. Any help would be great since we can't really call spectrum (using parents account ) : / 
0 Kudos
JayMo
Level 7

I was having this issue with Sling authentication and, after much trial and error, fixed it with this:

1. Open to ESPN app
2. Go to Settings (gear icon) > Provider Account
3. Click Log Out and confirm
4. Exit to the Roku home screen
5. Delete the ESPN app
6. Restart the Roku (important!)
7. Add the ESPN app from channel store
8. Go to ESPN app settings > Provider Account and reauthenticate

Hope this works for you too!
0 Kudos
thaKing
Level 7

Tried numerous times, steps posted previously. Doesn't work.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"thaKing" wrote:
Tried numerous times, steps posted previously. Doesn't work.

When you contacted Spectrum, what did they tell you?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
lukejsmith
Level 7

Not a solution, but a workaround that I just tried. It gives me "an error occurred" message three or four times, then on the fourth or fifth time I get the message and phone number to call my provider. If I go in a fifth or sixth time right after that message, it lets me in. It's worked twice now. Once for ESPN. Once for ESPN 2.
0 Kudos
airbagabe
Level 7

I am having the same issue. I am a Charter Spectrum customer with ESPN, but I cannot authenticate the app; or, more accurately, it won't let me enter my credentials. It automatically logs in without allowing me to enter them, then says "this channel isn't included in your package," or something along those lines. This has been the case for I would estimate to be over a year. I keep trying it hoping it will work, but it doesn't look like they've made any progress. I've contacted both Charter and ESPN, and they both claim it's a known issue. Again, it's been a very long time.
0 Kudos