Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thaKing
Level 7

Watchespn on Roku

When I try accessing games on my watchespn app on the roku I keep getting an error saying program not included on this subscription. However, we have almost every channel imaginable on the account. I have not tried contacting Spectrum, as it suggested. Figured I'd have better luck here than with them, so wanted to try here first.
0 Kudos
36 Replies
bozzy
Level 8

Re: Watchespn on Roku

Have you tried logging out and re-linking your account at the bottom of the ESPN app?
0 Kudos
thaKing
Level 7

I have. I've uninstalled the channel and reinstalled it, too. I tried selecting the option for "more providers" or whatever it's called at the bottom (because TWC became Spectrum, etc, thought maybe there's a mixup now).
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Make certain you reboot the Roku between deleting and re-adding the channel.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
thaKing
Level 7

I deleted the channel and rebooted. Added the channel and rebooted again. Then tried activating it. Same results.

I'm going to try with a friend's login info to see if theirs works before I contact Spectrum. This is weird because as of a couple of weeks ago it worked just fine. Sigh.
0 Kudos
Itstandan
Level 7

ThaKing, I’m having the exact same issues with the ESPN app and spectrum.  It worked just last week but now I too get the supscription notice when I am already subscribed to it. The app does however work on my iPad. Have you been able to solve this issue?
0 Kudos
thaKing
Level 7

So, I have been unsuccessful on multiple Roku's and a Firestick. I got my mom's login info and tried it. No go. It works on my phone, but not anywhere else.

I called Spectrum, as it suggested. (Since they are notorious for having poor customer service, I came here first.) The gentleman had no idea what was going on. He tried a couple of things (looked to see if something was misconfigured in the account, which I knew wasn't the case since multiple different logins I tried didn't work - just too coincidental if both were misconfigured.) Stumped, he asked coworkers and his boss. Other's interest was piqued and they started playing around. In the chaos of all of this, someone overheard the discussion at the Spectrum office and chimed in.

Apparently, there is an issue between all Disney apps (they own ESPN) and Spectrum at this time. There is a miscommunication to verify successful activation and Spectrum account information. They said both parties are aware of the issue and both are working diligently to correct it. So, it's a wait and see thing at this time. 

Wish I had better news.
0 Kudos
Itstandan
Level 7

Thank you, I appreciate the info/response!  
0 Kudos
Shogan97
Level 7

Has there been resolution to this issue? It started happening to me this week.
0 Kudos
Danodob
Level 7

I have had the same issue since at least February. ESPN works on every device but roku. Spectrum CS is pathetic, pointing the finger everywhere but themselves whilst being completely clueless. This sheds some light on things. still pisses me off. I will be calling them back tomorrow to educate them on their job again.
0 Kudos