Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: WatchESPN app and 60fps on Roku 3

I have the same issue. It's so bad, it's only doing about 5-6 frames per second at best...however, commercials run as smooth as butter. 

And what makes zero sense is the replays are just as bad as the live games. 

On watchespn on my laptop, I don't have this issue...only on my ROKU, which is a brand new Ultra. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Good luck contacting ESPN. I just called, and they denied it was their problem. ROKU denies it is their problem. It still doesn't work. Everyone passes the buck and nothing gets solved. 
0 Kudos
Level 7

"DBMURRAY" wrote:
I have the same issue. It's so bad, it's only doing about 5-6 frames per second at best...however, commercials run as smooth as butter. 

And what makes zero sense is the replays are just as bad as the live games. 

On watchespn on my laptop, I don't have this issue...only on my ROKU, which is a brand new Ultra. 

I have the exact situation as you stated above (including a brand new Ultra), My understanding now is that WatchESPN and the ESPN App are two different applications. So the way one functions has no basis on how the other one does.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same thing here. Where can I get the number for WatchESPN customer service/tech support?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm not sure whose problem this is, but I am 100% certain it is only Roku on ESPN. 

The ESPN app for the exact same game looks fine on a PC and fine on an nVidia Shield, and it almost unwatchable on the Roku. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm having problems with the ESPN app on two Roku 3s (one wired, one 5G). Up until a couple of weeks ago the video used to snap from SD to HD a few seconds after pressing play, the commercials were always SD, now it does not snap to HD. Does anyone have a solution?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"Cain57" wrote:
I'm not sure whose problem this is, but I am 100% certain it is only Roku on ESPN. 

The ESPN app for the exact same game looks fine on a PC and fine on an nVidia Shield, and it almost unwatchable on the Roku.

I am having the exact same problem with my Roku4. It started last Thursday night (March 28). European soccer games look excellent on the Shield but horrible on Roku. I contacted ESPN+ support and followed their advice (delete app, shut down device, add app again) and nothing changes on the Roku. Nothing different about Roku and Shield: ethernet connection, 100 mbps internet package (Roku showing 89 mbps so still more than needed), and HDMI connection. For a variety of complicated reasons, I prefer to use Roku but if Roku can't fix the problems I will dump it and stick with Shield or get a 4K fire stick.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I waited a week and I'm still having the same issue, the Roku ESPN Channel is SD only. My biggest concern is that no one from Roku, ESPN or Charter Spectrum is monitoring this forum and working the problem. I'll check again next, if nothing happens how do I escalate the problem?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am an ESPN+ subscriber. I have a feeling that the problem with the ESPN app is ESPN3. I watched an Italian Serie A soccer match last night on Roku (ESPN+) and quality was the normal excellent ESPN. Then today I started a German Cup game and it looked like garbage. I recently purchased an Amazon Fire stick and hooked that up; the German Cup game looks great. So the problem is Roku and ESPN.

I would just dump the Roku and stay with the Fire stick (like this better than the Shield because I can switch between 720 and 1080) but unfortunately BeIN soccer games via Sling look like junk on the Fire Stick.
0 Kudos