Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsmock
Level 7

Watch list synchronization issues

Watch list synchronization seems to be one way between PC and the Roku apps. If I add a movie to my Amazon Prime watch list on my PC it will appear in the Roku Amazon Prime app watch list just fine. But if I remove a movie from my Amazon Prime watch list on my PC it remains on my Roku Amazon Prime app watch list and has to be removed manually. Is this just the way it works, or should watch list synchronization work both ways? Removing and re-adding the Amazon Prime channel from the Roku device does no good, in fact after removing the app, rebooting the Roku, and reinstalling the Amazon Prime app the app is still logged on with watch list intact! Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Watch list synchronization issues

@jsmock 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're seeing with the Amazon Prime Video channel. Have you contacted Amazon Prime Video support yet to report the issue and request additional assistance with their channel?

I'd recommend trying to de-register your device from the Settings menu inside the Prime Video channel, then remove the Prime Video channel from the Roku home screen. Restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once it restarts, add the Amazon Prime Video channel back once more and register it to your Amazon account again. 

Let us know how it goes from there! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
jsmock
Level 7

Re: Watch list synchronization issues

Thanks for the reply. I did contact Amazon support, no useful input from them. I went ahead and manually cleaned up the Roku app watch list. Going forward I'll make sure the list stays very short so I can easily maintain it manually.  Thinking about this further, the truth is when the list gets long I forget why I added some of them so I'm not sure it even matters that this feature doesn't work properly, I shouldn't add more than a few at a time anyway.  
0 Kudos