Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_M1
Level 7

Watch TCM ?

Tried to watch a movie on TCM with my Roku 3.
It got to where it said it was loading and then just hung there. I let it stay for probably 10 minutes and it never did load.
Is this typical of this TCM app?
Any fixes for this?
0 Kudos
22 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Watch TCM ?

"Greg_M" wrote:
Tried to watch a movie on TCM with my Roku 3.
It got to where it said it was loading and then just hung there. I let it stay for probably 10 minutes and it never did load.
Is this typical of this TCM app?
Any fixes for this?

I've not used the app as my local content provider doesn't authorize for Roku. What is your content provider that you use to authenticate the WatchTCM app?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Greg_M1
Level 7

DirecTV
0 Kudos
MWDXER
Level 10

I have TCM on both my Fire Box and Roku + and it works fine on both. Try to remove the channel and add it back in. That works for me often if I get hang ups.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"MWDXER" wrote:
I have TCM on both my Fire Box and Roku + and it works fine on both. Try to remove the channel and add it back in. That works for me often if I get hang ups.

Be sure to reboot the Roku after removing the app and before reinstalling it.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Greg_M1
Level 7

That worked!
Thank you!
0 Kudos
Pompey
Level 7

Trying to watch either of the two live streams tonight, and the channel keeps quitting to the Roku home screen. Any of the on-demand movies stream fine. Anyone else experiencing this?
BTW ..... the Android TCM app works without a hitch.
"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
0 Kudos
Greg_M1
Level 7

"Pompey" wrote:
Trying to watch either of the two live streams tonight, and the channel keeps quitting to the Roku home screen.  Any of the on-demand movies stream fine. Anyone else experiencing this?
BTW  ..... the Android TCM app works without a hitch.

Mines doing that now (channel keeps quitting to the Roku home screen)
0 Kudos
Greg_M1
Level 7

I finally just gave up on this and deleted it. Guess TCM doesn't care about Roku.
I hear it does work on other streaming systems just not Roku.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for noting the channel issue. We help work with our channel publishers to assist them with resolving issues our customers may run into from time to time. 

If removing the channel, restarting your device, then adding the channel back once more isn't resolving the issue, we'd recommend contacting TCM support to report the issue you're seeing and request additional assistance. You can reach their team here: https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003778594-How-can-I-contact-TCM-

Feel free to PM me with more information about the issue you're seeing, including the content you were trying to watch, the time/date you observed the issue, your Roku account email address, and the serial number of your player from SettingsSystem>About. I'll help pass along feedback to the channel publisher to review. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos