Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfc
Binge Watcher

Watch TCM problem

Jump to solution

The 'Watch live' feature on Watch TCM has stopped working as of a few days ago. All the other Watch TCM features work. I tried deleting and re-installing Watch TCM but the problem won't go away.

photo of TCM Roku error message - http://u.pc.cd/2QwrtalK

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dfc
Binge Watcher

Re: Watch TCM problem

Jump to solution

The problem cleared up last night around 7pm. I also reported the issue to TCM who indicated that they were aware of the 'outage with the Live TV feature on Roku'. Thanks for your reply.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this?

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
dfc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The problem cleared up last night around 7pm. I also reported the issue to TCM who indicated that they were aware of the 'outage with the Live TV feature on Roku'. Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Rokokko
Reel Rookie

Re: Watch TCM is out on Roku, but not iPad.

Jump to solution

Watch TCM is out.  The logo appears, then just a black screen.

The service is working on my iPad, but not Roku.

This has never happened before, at least to me.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rokokko,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Rokokko
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The problems listed on the Roku page do not address mine.   As I noted yesterday, after the normal animated Watch TCM logo appears, the screen goes BLACK and stays that way.  

I have checked many other channels and they ALL operate normally; it's ONLY Watch TCM that refuses to open properly.  I tried refershing the software, but it didn't help.

HELP!

0 Kudos
CrazyGuggenheim
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Exact symptoms for me as well. Running latest Roku Ultra.

0 Kudos
Rokokko
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I deleted Watch TCM and reinstalled it.  That seems to have solved the problem.  Very easy to do.

0 Kudos
CrazyGuggenheim
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That worked. Thanks!

0 Kudos