Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Watch TCM not working after July 15 2021 update

@n6rsh wrote:

What the **bleep** are you talking about?!?!

Blindly repeating complaints here without contacting Turner with information that can actually help them pin down the problem will not accomplish anything.

Have you read ANY of the thread? ROKU IS working on the problem and is asking for device info FOR THAT REASON.

I know we need to be polite, but in this case you're an idiot...

I'll never dispute a claim that I'm an idiot.  It's true in many ways.  Yes, YOU started this thread, and YOU have provided Roku model information and mentioned you have contacted TCM. 

As indicated by the message I quoted, however, I was replying to another poster in this thread, who, at that point, had entered 7 messages, had not responded to requests for Roku model information, and had not indicated that TCM had been contacted.

As someone who is NOT experiencing the problem, I'm doing my best to try to help here.   If YOU go back and read the rest of this thread, you should see that.  Sorry if it's not being appreciated.  I'll just bow out now with the sincere wish that Turner gets this fixed for you and the others soon.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Gidget2021
Streaming Star

I am not sure who you are aiming this at but thankfully not yours truly since I did not start the thread.

0 Kudos
tcm65
Binge Watcher

I started the thread and have provided all requested information and tried all of the proposed solutions offered. Additionally, I contacted TCM directly and went through the steps they suggested to correct the issue. No dice. Last correspondence from TCM was on 7/22/2021. Nothing since.

tcm65
Binge Watcher

Latest from TCM when I followed up late yesterday....See below.

Kathy (TCM Help Center)

Jul 30, 2021, 13:55 EDT

Please know that we've escalated this issue to the Watch TCM technical team to investigate, and they're working hard to resolve it. Thanks for your patience!
Best,
Kathy at TCM

Mego73
Channel Surfer

Thank you!

n6rsh
Binge Watcher

It happens every day all day. Here is the latest error code (just in case it helps):

(While trying to watch "Exodus")

Model: 3710X- Roku Express+

Serial number: YU0011678679 (7H2691678679)

Software version: 10.0.0 * build 4209-28

Timestamp: 2021-08-03T02:36:38Z

Issue ID 79-308-302

Thank you for your help in this matter,

Steven Panattoni

Gidget2021
Streaming Star

Kathy

Why can't they just revert back to how it was? I don't think there were complaints and freezing and being unable to fast forward or rewind. Until they work out something with this 'upgrade', can they do that much for us who can barely even watch TCM now?  Thanks

0 Kudos
tcm65
Binge Watcher

Mary

It has now been two weeks since you posted that Roku is working on the issue and three weeks since I listed the issue with Watch TCM. I have not been able to use Roku to watch TCM since the 7/15/21 update.

Is there any progress in resolving this issue? 

Thank you

kevtex

Same issue but on a TCL Roku tv.   Fast forward on TMC does not work properly.   Slow if it works at all.

0 Kudos
Gidget2021
Streaming Star

Also, impossible now to turn closed captions on/off. If they are on, they stay on, if off, they stay off. NO OPTIONS NOW (that I see)

0 Kudos