Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mego73
Channel Surfer

Ever since TCM updated app it crashes.

There has been some sort of update to the TCM app. I know this because the way it loads looks a program looks different. And since that update the app crashes on both Roku devices I use. On one, it crashes and goes back to home, on the other, it crashes and reboots. This app has been nothing but reliable before this update.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Ever since TCM updated app it crashes.

You didnt mention your Roku model #s or firmware version(s) (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote)

Try reinstalling the TCM app:

1) Remove the app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the app

(If you dont restart, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

TCM Contact:  https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000354133-Watch-TCM-and-mobile-apps

0 Kudos
Mego73
Channel Surfer

Re: Ever since TCM updated app it crashes.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Re: Watch TCM not working after July 15 2021 update

@n6rsh wrote:

I want to add that YOU are assuming that we users have done something wrong and WE need to fix the problem. Know this: Everything was working fine until an update was sent down the line on July 15th. Do you see where the problem likely came from? Pretty obvious to me...   

I would say the app is not compatible with the new update. I think you can uninstall the update and revert back to the previous update 

0 Kudos
tcm65
Binge Watcher

Thank you Mary,

I have tried all of the aforementioned solutions in this thread and none have worked for me.

Do you have any updates for us on a resolution to the issue?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Gidget2021
Streaming Star

I too would like to know if there is an update from the engineers. Seems to me to simply have the powers that be revert back to how it was and all would be fine. I WISH they would. There is NOTHING we can do. No deleting and reinstalling TCM on Roku, no changes to Roku, no serial numbers needed. It just plain doesn't work right.

0 Kudos
n6rsh
Binge Watcher

Mary,

Thank you for your attention. Here is my system information

Model: 3710x - Roku Express+

S/N: YU0011678679

Device ID: 7H2691678679

Error Message when it occurs: (No Error Message)

Software Version: 10.0.0 build 4209-28

Occurs ONLY on Watch TCM

Watch TCM -

Version 1.0

build: 69

After Problem occurred -

Tracker ID: 79-299-755

Time Stamp: 2021-07-28T03:55:15Zulu

Steps to reproduce the issue:

Selected Watch TCM; Went to Watch List; Selected 'Expiring Soon'; Selected Movie "Man With the Gun" (although it happens with ANY movie I select); Selected 'Play'; Started watching movie. At a random time during the movie the Roku suddenly reverts to the Roku Home Screen. End of event.

I hope this helps you troubleshoot the problem and come to a solution. Thanks in Advance,

Steven Panattoni

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Gidget2021 wrote:

I too would like to know if there is an update from the engineers. Seems to me to simply have the powers that be revert back to how it was and all would be fine. I WISH they would. There is NOTHING we can do. No deleting and reinstalling TCM on Roku, no changes to Roku, no serial numbers needed. It just plain doesn't work right.

And yet it works right on all three of my connected Roku devices (listed in my signature below).

Repeating something I said earlier:

If Turner sent a faulty update, Turner needs to fix it. Contact TCM form: https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The problem may be Roku model related, so reporting your model and model number (find via Settings > System > About) when you have problems may help pin it down.   There are a lot of models with different sets of capabilities in use out there and Turner may not have tested their release against all of them.

Blindly repeating complaints here without contacting Turner with information that can actually help them pin down the problem will not accomplish anything.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
n6rsh
Binge Watcher

What the **bleep** are you talking about?!?!

Blindly repeating complaints here without contacting Turner with information that can actually help them pin down the problem will not accomplish anything.

Have you read ANY of the thread? ROKU IS working on the problem and is asking for device info FOR THAT REASON.

I know we need to be polite, but in this case you're an idiot...

0 Kudos
Gidget2021
Streaming Star

I contacted TCM a week before I even came on here and I didn't even get a response. So I contacted them again, no response.

Here are my two serial numbers

1GJ37R081432
YH000M806214

I don't understand how this simple request and feedback has resulted in insults and rudeness toward people just trying to watch classic movies. (Mainly DOUG the so called "expert")

0 Kudos