Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gidget2021
Streaming Star

Re: Watch TCM not working after July 15 2021 update

@StreamerUser wrote:

@Gidget2021 

During playback press the Options (*) button and select Close Captioning=On always

Kindly tell me what you mean by playback. When I am watching I hit (*) and nothing happens. When I pause and hit it, nothing happens, FF or RW also. Thanks for clarifying.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Gidget2021 wrote:

@StreamerUser wrote:

@Gidget2021 

During playback press the Options (*) button and select Close Captioning=On always

Kindly tell me what you mean by playback. When I am watching I hit (*) and nothing happens. When I pause and hit it, nothing happens, FF or RW also. Thanks for clarifying.

Thats playback - what Roku model # and firmware version do you have? Settings/System/About

0 Kudos
Wm59
Binge Watcher

I've been having the Watch TCM problem everyone is describing, for weeks now. Still can't fix it. I've attempted the update using the * key while Watch TCM is highlighted on my TV screen. It still won't work. Plays the first 2 or3 minutes of a movie, then kicks me out. Terribly frustrating.

0 Kudos
Mego73
Channel Surfer

I think the problem is their update rendered playing to be problematic on some older Roku models. I continued to have trouble until I got a newer Roku express, which happened because Amazon Prime said their update will not be able to be used on the unit I used to have.

0 Kudos
Wm59
Binge Watcher

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling it would probably come down to buying new equipment. Which is a pain, but I really miss having access to Watch TCM.

0 Kudos
Mego73
Channel Surfer

If you have amazon prime, the email your Roku account is associated with you might have an email offering a discount on a Roku express or a model similar to your last one with the warning the AP will cease to be comparable with your model on November 1. And they offer the Roku at a discount for upgrading ($19.99 for me.)

0 Kudos

Three days now for my TCM app on ROKU I have the same message no matter what I attempt to play:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the requested title is not available at this time.

Please select a different title.

OK

I have followed the uninstall, reboot, reinstall app with no success.

Roku info:

Roku TV 7108X

Software version 10.0.0 build 4209-30

0 Kudos
Wm59
Binge Watcher

We do have amazon prime, and recently received an email saying our current device would no longer support it after Nov. 1. Our device, which was given to us as a gift (and installed by the tech-savvy friend who gave it to us), is a basic 2710X - Roku 1. So I guess our device is obsolete, and we will have to figure out what model to buy, and how to install it.

The images of new Roku products in the amazon prime email don't resemble our version, which is several years old. (We have a small, boxy device with 2 cords leading into our TV set; these new ones all seem to be shaped like sticks, and have USB-style jacks.) But I guess we'll need to learn how to upgrade without our tech-savvy friend here to help.

0 Kudos
Mego73
Channel Surfer

That email you got should have had a direct link to an appropriate replacement player for you with a discount. So, take a look at that email again and see if it is there. It will most likely be a Roku express, which is not a stick player but a bit smaller than your former one.

0 Kudos