Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcm65
Binge Watcher

Re: Watch TCM not working after July 15 2021 update

makaiguy

Thanks for the suggestion but my Roku is powered with the Roku power adapter plugged into the house power supply so that is not the issue.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@n6rsh wrote:

I want to add that YOU are assuming that we users have done something wrong and WE need to fix the problem. Know this: Everything was working fine until an update was sent down the line on July 15th. Do you see where the problem likely came from? Pretty obvious to me...

Nobody says you are doing anything wrong.  But the fact is you are having problems that most others are not.  Any suggestions given are attempts to help you, but since we remote people have no way to know what is going on on YOUR system, we can only give you things to try.

Except for Roku's own channels (The Roku Channel, Roku Media Player and a few Roku informational channels) the Roku versions of the channel apps are created, provided, and maintained by the channels themselves, in this case by Turner Classic Movies.

If Turner sent a faulty update, Turner needs to fix it. Contact TCM form: https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The problem may be Roku model related, so reporting your model and model number (find via Settings > System > About) when you have problems may help pin it down.   There are a lot of models with different sets of capabilities in use out there and Turner may not have tested their release against all of them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Gidget2021
Streaming Star

Same problem with me. It was FINE until update. There are so many with this issue so it is obviously the update.

PLEASE FIX

Gidget2021
Streaming Star

Same problem I have after the update. At least now I know I am not crazy as I see many are posting the same. Is infuriating that it has been insinuated below that WE are doing something wrong. Goodness!

Gidget2021
Streaming Star

Agree - this is ONLY TCM and ONLY after the update!

Gidget2021
Streaming Star

Absolutely correct. TCM after update is UNUSABLE

CrazyGuggenheim
Channel Surfer

Same problem here with three different Roku devices. Extremely sluggish response; FF and rewind are virtually unusable. I run most of the major streaming apps, and it’s only the post-upgrade TCM app that’s having a problem. 

Gidget2021
Streaming Star

Exactly same issue here! I have 2 devices and everything is exactly as before EXCEPT TCM. No way to RW or FF and it is infuriating. I just don't see why they can't revert back to how it was. IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T "FIX" IT lol.

Gidget2021
Streaming Star

FALSE! Take a look at how many of us are having this issue. Impossible to FF or RW now. This is on both of my Roku devices and with NO OTHER APP - only TCM. It all started for those of us on here saying so, after the July 15 update. Revert back to how it was seems simple solution - IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T "FIX" IT.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're aware of the issue and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos