Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcm65
Binge Watcher

Watch TCM not working after July 15 2021 update

I have a 3700 Roku Express+ running on Spectrum wireless. Software version 10.0.0 build 4209-28

App worked perfectly until the latest app update that occurred on 7/15/21. Now, it begins to play a movie from film library, plays ok for a few minutes and then drops i.e. exits the app.

I have uninstalled TCM and restarted Roku, then reinstalled. No dice. Same issue as above. Any suggestions please?

98 REPLIES 98
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Watch TCM not working after July 15 2021 update

Have never seen this problem here and I view Watch TCM a lot.

If Remove/Restart/Reinstall didn't fix it (always my first choice), have you tried to SIGN OUT from within the app then signing back in?  You'll find this in the SETTINGS option in the menu down the left side of the Watch TCM page.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
n6rsh
Binge Watcher

I have the same problem, same equipment. It starts to play a movie and suddenly goes to the Roku Home screen as if the Home button has been pressed. I have uninstalled WatchTCM unpugged the Roku 3710 Express+ and plugged it back in. Then reinstalled WatchTCM, No Joy. Also tried the same but also signing out of TCM first. No Joy.
 When you choose a movie and select play, the screen looks different. As the movie is loading you now get a rotating circle in the center and a Play-and-progress bar at the bottom. (it used to just say loading and/or buffering). Also once the movie starts, if you hit the fast forward button there is as much as a 20 second delay before there is a response by TCM! You can actually fast forward PAST where is was when it went to home, but when you get it to finally play normal, it eventually quits again.

I Live by WatchTCM. I LOVE IT!!! This is frustrating because I have lost some really great movies I wanted to watch (they expire from my watchlist). The Misfits, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Key Largo, To have and Have Not. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

tcm65
Binge Watcher

n6rsh,

You are describing the exact problem I'm having. Very frustrating! Hopefully someone has a fix.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID

-any error message when attempted to stream the channel?
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
tcm65
Binge Watcher

Hello Mary. Thanks in advance.

Please see requested information in BOLD

3700 Roku Express+

Serial #YU00EN112282

Device ID 7H269E112282

any error message when attempted to stream the channel? No error message
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About
Software version 10.0.0 build 4209-28

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button) WATCH TCM Version 1.0 Build 69
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times) ISSUE ID 82-290-752
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing. Same steps as outlined above. Happens every time I try to use app in the same way. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tcm65,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along the information to the appropriate team to investigate further.
Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.
We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

One additional thought.

It's not inconceivable that the Watch TCM update places higher demands on the Roku.

If you are powering your Roku by plugging into the USB port on the TV, try powering from house power via the USB power adapter that came with the Roku.    The USB ports on many televisions only supply 0.5 amp or less, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably.  Even if a Roku connected this way appears to start up normally, when it runs into an activity that requires more power than the USB port can deliver, something will fail, commonly taking you back to the home screen. 

If you don't have the Roku adapter handy, any other you have from another device should work as long as the fine print on it says it outputs at least 1 amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
n6rsh
Binge Watcher

Nope. That didn't solve the problem.

It only happens on Watch TCM. None of the other channels I watch have this problem. Once the movie starts playing, hitting ANY  button on the remote control, like Fast Forward, takes up to 45 seconds for a response by the Roku. Again this doesn't happen on any other channel.

My unit is the 3710X- Roku Express+

Version 10.0.0 Build 4209-28

n6rsh
Binge Watcher

I want to add that YOU are assuming that we users have done something wrong and WE need to fix the problem. Know this: Everything was working fine until an update was sent down the line on July 15th. Do you see where the problem likely came from? Pretty obvious to me...