Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S80t6
Level 8

Watch TCM Problem with 10.0.0 Update

Jump to solution

I have a pair of 4640X’s that give me very few problems. One, however just updated to software version 10.0.0 last night, which coincided with being unable to access the film library on Watch TCM. I can view both live feeds, but any attempt to watch a stored movie kicks me out to the Roku main menu. I tried all the usual tricks to re-gain access, but none of them work. Would appreciate any assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Watch TCM Problem with 10.0.0 Update

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We believe this issue has been resolved. We would recommend checking for a channel update by going to the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * and checking for a channel update.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies
DBDukes
Level 15

Jump to solution

Are you in the Roku Beta program? Or did you get your device from someone who is (or was) in the Roku Beta program?

Version 10 hasn't been released. If you're in the Beta program, post your stuff in the Beta forum.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
S80t6
Level 8

Jump to solution

Not in any Beta program, and I bought my device direct from Roku.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 15

Jump to solution

That's odd. Perhaps @RokuDanny-R or one of the other Roku employees will be able to assist.

Unless, of course, you went in to one of the "secret menus" and changed the update server setting. Don't do that.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Cy8erb0b
Level 8

Jump to solution

happened to me too, really annoyed with roku for allowing it, im in no beta problem and brought from shop, ver 10.0.0 stopped my app working form the app store. 

in short had to do the home button 5 times forward 3 times rev twice to enter the secret menu to sort it, now have to sit there logging into everything again. 

have always been a roku fan, but doing this was just wrong. i know of others too . 

0 Kudos
S80t6
Level 8

Jump to solution

Misery loves company, I guess. Makes me wonder why they would roll out an improperly tested software change. I had a chat with customer service last night. All they could really do was setup a case number and promise an email reply. If others are experiencing similar issues perhaps they'll correct it, but I'm not holding my breath.

0 Kudos
Cy8erb0b
Level 8

Jump to solution

they have corrected. if you go into hidden menu it goes back, no newer update there, so can only assume its been withdrawn. shocking rollout tbh 

0 Kudos
S80t6
Level 8

Jump to solution

Holy software resolution, Batman! I took a chance with your “secret menu” suggestion. Not only did it indicate I had a beta software version of 10.0, but the so-called update option allowed me to rollback to 9.4.  Now why couldn’t their own customer service gurus suggest that? And why did they apply the beta version to one box, but not the other? I’ll never understand the way software techs think. Anyway, things are back to normal - for now. Thanks for the tip!

gfiller
Level 7

Jump to solution

My update option is for release 10.0 to release 10.0. I did that anyway, not having anything else to try, but same results. WatchTCM will not load anything from the film library. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Jump to solution

@gfiller 

In the secret menu mentioned above by @Cy8erb0b , select "Cycle Update Server" and see if that switches the server release from "beta" to "release".  That should give you the 9.4 OS version.

If it doesn't, I think you may be forced to factory reset your device.

Settings..System..Advanced System Settings..Factory Reset