Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n6rsh
Level 8

Watch TCM Goes to Roku Home while playing a Movie after July 15, 2021 Update

I have the Roku Express+ 3710X ver 10.0.0 build 4209-28.

When I try to play a movie on WatchTCM, it starts to play a movie and suddenly goes to the Roku Home screen as if the Home button has been pressed. I have uninstalled WatchTCM, unplugged the Roku Express+ and plugged it back in. Then reinstalled WatchTCM, No Joy. Also tried the same but also signing out of TCM first. No Joy. When you choose a movie and select play, the screen looks different. As the movie is loading you now get a rotating circle in the center and a Play-and-progress bar at the bottom. (it used to just say 'loading...' and/or 'buffering' in the middle of the screen only). Also once the movie starts, if you hit any button on the remote - for ex. the fast forward button - there is as much as a 20 second delay before there is a response by TCM! When you can finally get it to Fast Forward, you can actually FF PAST where is was when it went to home, but when you get it to finally play normal, it eventually quits again.

I Live by WatchTCM. I LOVE IT!!! This is frustrating because I have lost some really great movies I wanted to watch (they expire from my watchlist). The Misfits, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Key Largo, To have and Have Not. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Watch TCM Goes to Roku Home while playing a Movie after July 15, 2021 Update

Hello @n6rsh

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. 

If the issue only occurs on TCM, other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos