Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhys
Level 7

Watch Free Flix Ads

Jump to solution

I currently am watching TV series on WatchFreeFlix. I was wondering what is up with all the ADS? During any one episode, ADS are playing nearly every 4 minutes or so. While the ADS are not too bothersome despite the amount of them...(anywhere from 3-5 ADS play ever four minutes or so.) The amount can be dealt with...but seriously do they need to come in so loud? I have my TV's volume all the way down to a 5...which is plenty loud enough for the program or movie I am watching, but soon as those ADS start, I have to hit Mute on the volume. Basically, I have to hold onto my remote throughout the entire time I am watching the TV. That is upwards of 5 or more hours. WatchFreeFlix is not the ONLY channel this does it on. It does it on Tubi, Hulu, Netflix, Vudu, etc...When I had Cable TV...I never had this issue. Can these issues be fixed, please? I do NOT want to go deaf trying to use Roku.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Watch Free Flix Ads

Jump to solution

@Rhys 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Free Flix support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Rhys 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Free Flix support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Level 10

Jump to solution

I removed a channel after seeing "AD 1 of 11" displayed after only a few minutes of viewing.  Ridiculous!!!!

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
pinla
Level 7

Jump to solution

My question:  Why do we need ADS  this is why the public is willing to pay for a site because there are NO ADS....   Sorry it ruins watching a movie, it's like having a serious case of Hic cups.   Please consider doing away with ads.    Thank you

0 Kudos