Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcshirke

ESPN and ESPN Plus price increase to $69.99

Jump to solution

The ESPN/ESPN Plus app subscription is going from $49.99 a year to $69.99 a month? Are you out of your minds?

We wanted to let you know your current subscription to WatchESPN has a new monthly charge of $69.99 starting on August 13, 2021
The pricing will take effect on your next billing cycle."
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: ESPN and ESPN Plus price increase to $69.99

Jump to solution

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the posts.

Please be advised that $69.99 is the new yearly cost for ESPN Plus after the upcoming price change. The messaging in the email should read as 'yearly' and NOT 'monthly'. We apologize for the confusion that this issue has caused you.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Where are you paying for the WatchESPN app?

There is a subscription service called ESPN Plus that can be watched on the ESPN (not WatchESPN) app on Roku. The ESPN Plus service is upping its price from $5.99/month, $59.99/year to $6.99/month, $69.99/year. Since that message called the app by the old/wrong name, perhaps it also got the term of the $69.99 price wrong.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Fancyfox09

Jump to solution

Got an email today that Roku will be charging my account $69.99 per month for ESPN Plus. When I bought it for the UFC fight this last weekend I paid $59.99 for an annual fee. How does this go from annual to monthly in 3 days? Is this a typo from Roku?

0 Kudos
Liz-Beth

Jump to solution

I’m in SHOCK ... SURELY THIS IS A TYPO 😳

0 Kudos
Mumu214

Jump to solution

I just received the same email...I paid in full last ufc fight. Not sure what's going on but not happy at all. Hopefully they'll catch their mistake and fix this.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jcshirke wrote:

The ESPN/ESPN Plus app subscription is going from $49.99 a year to $69.99 *a month*??? Are you out of your f'ing minds?? F that!!!

"

We wanted to let you know your current subscription to WatchESPN has a new monthly charge of $69.99 starting on August 13, 2021
The pricing will take effect on your next billing cycle."

ESPN Plus recently did announce a price increase.  Looks like a simple lack of proofreading.  This has got to be the new ESPN Plus annual rate.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Bailey02

Jump to solution

What will I be charge on August 13th . The Annual fee was paid at the UFC fight 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the posts.

Please be advised that $69.99 is the new yearly cost for ESPN Plus after the upcoming price change. The messaging in the email should read as 'yearly' and NOT 'monthly'. We apologize for the confusion that this issue has caused you.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Symone513

Jump to solution

Well I was charged the updated price on July 9th when my renewal was up , now they are telling me I’m being charged AGAIN on the 13th because of a mistake. I will not be double charged for a annual renewal in the same year. I need to speak to someone NOW ! 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Why did I just get a bill for $10.61?

0 Kudos