Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BackUpPlanJaime
Level 8

Washed out colors when streaming SOME content from the Paramount Plus channel

Jump to solution

I have some issues with the Paramount Plus channel. I have a Roku Ultra connected to a 1080p Vizio TV.

Some of the content is displayed with washed out colors (Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Picard, The Stand, etc). Other, older content seems fine. I checked other forum for a solution and some people think that the Roku Ultra is trying to send a HDR signal to a non HDR display.

Is there a way to solve this through the settings? I have a Chromecast with Google TV that doesn't have this issue.

#RokuUltra #ParamountPlus 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Level 17

Re: Washed out colors when streaming SOME content from the Paramount Plus channel

Jump to solution

No, this is entirely an issue with the P+ app for Roku, which is coded by CBS Interactive, so you'll need to contact them (as with all app issues):

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/help

roku-feedback@paramountplus.com

(888) 274-5343

View solution in original post

4 Replies
StreamerUser
Level 17

Re: Washed out colors when streaming SOME content from the Paramount Plus channel

Jump to solution

No, this is entirely an issue with the P+ app for Roku, which is coded by CBS Interactive, so you'll need to contact them (as with all app issues):

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/help

roku-feedback@paramountplus.com

(888) 274-5343

View solution in original post

BackUpPlanJaime
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you. I just sent them a message.

0 Kudos
BackUpPlanJaime
Level 8

Jump to solution

So I contacted the developers.

I spent almost a week in a back and forward with the people from Paramount Plus, giving them info and got an email that they were aware of the issue and then this morning they contacted me to let me know that this is a device related issue and it has nothing to do with the app

0 Kudos
rickyteo
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the same exact problem. Roku blames Paramount. Paramount blames Roku. With that, I cancelled the service and save 10 bucks a month.