Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BackUpPlanJaime
Channel Surfer

Washed out colors when streaming SOME content from the Paramount Plus channel

Jump to solution

I have some issues with the Paramount Plus channel. I have a Roku Ultra connected to a 1080p Vizio TV.

Some of the content is displayed with washed out colors (Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Picard, The Stand, etc). Other, older content seems fine. I checked other forum for a solution and some people think that the Roku Ultra is trying to send a HDR signal to a non HDR display.

Is there a way to solve this through the settings? I have a Chromecast with Google TV that doesn't have this issue.

#RokuUltra #ParamountPlus 

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Washed out colors when streaming SOME content from the Paramount Plus channel

Jump to solution

No, this is entirely an issue with the P+ app for Roku, which is coded by CBS Interactive, so you'll need to contact them (as with all app issues):

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/help

roku-feedback@paramountplus.com

(888) 274-5343

View solution in original post

masch57

Re: Washed out colors when streaming SOME content from the Paramount Plus channel

Jump to solution

I was getting a terrible washed-out picture for Discovery on my old Ultra 4660X2.  Based on what I had read here, I replaced it with a new Ultra 4800R (what Amazon was selling) and that did indeed fix the problem.  Thanks.

Evan2001
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

THEY FIXED IT!!!!!

They P+ or Roku must have changed something because now it is all good.

44 REPLIES 44
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No, this is entirely an issue with the P+ app for Roku, which is coded by CBS Interactive, so you'll need to contact them (as with all app issues):

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/help

roku-feedback@paramountplus.com

(888) 274-5343

BackUpPlanJaime
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you. I just sent them a message.

0 Kudos
BackUpPlanJaime
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So I contacted the developers.

I spent almost a week in a back and forward with the people from Paramount Plus, giving them info and got an email that they were aware of the issue and then this morning they contacted me to let me know that this is a device related issue and it has nothing to do with the app

0 Kudos
rickyteo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same exact problem. Roku blames Paramount. Paramount blames Roku. With that, I cancelled the service and save 10 bucks a month.

mlc540
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I believe that we have a related issue.  For us the problem occurs on the latest episodes of The Good Fight (Season 5, episodes 8 and 9).  It appears as if the R and G color channels are broadcast, but the B (blue) is missing.  As a result, the screens appear pink (you can see, red and green but no blue objects).  I thought it was my Samsung TV at first, then I suspected my new Roku Ultra.  But I found that a 2nd TV (an LG) with an older Roku Ultra exhibits the exact same problem on those 2 episodes.   We did NOT see the issue on previous episodes of The Good Fight which leads me to suspect (as others have concluded) that it's a Paramount Plus issue.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@mlc540 

Contact P+ as per my previous post.

0 Kudos
BackUpPlanJaime
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I contacted Paramount Plus regarding this issue several times and they claim is a Roku issue

0 Kudos
mlc540
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did a bit more sleuthing and NOW I'm leaning toward this being a ROKU problem. 

I have 2 Roku Ultra's (model 4800X, Software version 10.0.0, build  4209-C2; one connected to a Samsung LED TV and the other to an LG LED TV)  and  I have an older Roku Streaming Stick (model 3810RW, Software version 10.0.0,  build  4209-50; connected to a Toshiba LED TV).  All 3 have Paramount Plus version 5.6, build 202107304 loaded.

The color problem that I'm seeing on The Good Fight occurs ONLY on the Ultras.  The 3810 Streaming Stick does NOT show the problem (the color is as expected whereas on the Ultras the blue color plain is missing causing the screen to have a distinct pink cast).

The question then is: what did Roku change between the 4209-50 and 4209-C2 builds?  It would appear to me that they broke something or changed something in the hardware interface that messes up the way the Roku handles/display color plain data.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@mlc540 

4209 is the build - the last 2 digits/characters are a model indicator.

0 Kudos