Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Want to buy and can't calculate total cost or find an agent.

Jump to solution

I'm so upset, what's the point in trying to get a service and buy something if I don't know the details and no live agent can help.  I need to calculate total cost of channels, figure out what each channel includes (i.e. - If I have ESPN+, does that automatically mean I get regular channels on ESPN, like NFL Football Network).  I need to check to see if each channel I want is offered and what the total cost will so that I can compare against my cable network provider.  I'm completely annoyed that no one is available for this assistance, unless I'm totally missing somewhere to contact a real human.  Can anyone advise?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Want to buy and can't calculate total cost or find an agent.

Jump to solution

@Jnlc_x 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about a channel's features, functionality, and costs, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Jnlc_x 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about a channel's features, functionality, and costs, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok, I have like 56 channels and I’m trying to see what’s included in your specific packages...I wouldn’t even know where to start for some of the basics (B10HD?  Comedy Central?  MTV, who am I calling there?  This is confusing and overwhelming.  I have other questions to.  Why wouldn’t they make someone available to assist new potential customers to give them more confidence to switch?  I will not be switching now because there is no support or guidance.  The articles don’t do it...I’m not even at that stage yet.  I’m just trying to investigate to see if it’s worth it. - ugh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Jnlc_x, streaming is a different world from cable TV.  It's very flexible, has many options, and this means it's also more confusing and you'll need to do some thinking.  I would suggest you just get something like a Roku Express and play with it for a while.  There are free content providers and if you happen to have Amazon Prime, then you also already have a paid content provider. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for your advice.  I might find a techie to come into the house to assist.  I’m fairly young but way past the stage where I understand the technology...it’s like the mom who calls the older son for everything.  Unfortunately these things don’t come very easy to me.  I’ll see if I can try.

0 Kudos