Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tk247
Reel Rookie

Re: WPIX / PIX11 app no longer available?

Jump to solution

Still no contact/response from PIX11 on the issue with their App that mysteriously disappeared and with no way to retrieve it and re install. I have to say i just love the cut and paste resolutions posted by Roku "you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly"..... just kick the can down the street, not my problem....I understand that Roku is just the platform, but so are the cable providers... My cable provider would NOT ever tell me to contact the broadcaster directly on a channel issue; and judging by the responses on this thread, it is an obvious problem that no one seems to want to address.  PIX11 is a major broadcaster in New York, not some individual that developed an app in their basement..... does Roku and PIX not have I.T. tech support to address such issues ? This can't be that difficult , Somebody out there has the answer and the solution...otherwise, my calls , emails and efforts have fallen on deaf ears. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@tk247 wrote:

Still no contact/response from PIX11 on the issue with their App that mysteriously disappeared and with no way to retrieve it and re install. I have to say i just love the cut and paste resolutions posted by Roku "you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly"..... just kick the can down the street, not my problem....I understand that Roku is just the platform, but so are the cable providers... My cable provider would NOT ever tell me to contact the broadcaster directly on a channel issue; and judging by the responses on this thread, it is an obvious problem that no one seems to want to address.  PIX11 is a major broadcaster in New York, not some individual that developed an app in their basement..... does Roku and PIX not have I.T. tech support to address such issues ? This can't be that difficult , Somebody out there has the answer and the solution...otherwise, my calls , emails and efforts have fallen on deaf ears. 

Might be formulaic, but its the correct response (at least in part, assuming its a carriage dispute).

And yes, cable providers routinely tell their customers to contact the broadcaster/distributor directly regarding technical support, content issues, or carriage disputes for specific channels.

Not sure who your cable provider is, but that's standard industry practice.

If this is a carriage dispute/issue over advertising/splits (between Mission Broadcasting and Roku; most likely considering the channel removal and lack of communication), be prepared for lack of information/communication/timely resolution.

0 Kudos
rboy12
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I received a response from Pix 11. They are in the process of changing and redeploying the app. Apparently they have new ownership? Bottom line is that they are fully aware what we're experiencing  they're working on making changes to the app.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@rboy12 wrote:

I received a response from Pix 11. They are in the process of changing and redeploying the app. Apparently they have new ownership? Bottom line is that they are fully aware what we're experiencing  they're working on making changes to the app.

Yes, they were acquired last year by Mission Broadcasting.

I'm sure a significant part of "changing and redeploying" includes a new carriage agreement with Roku (which involves ads/splits).

E2727
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's not on Fire Stick either, it's only on iPhone and Android

0 Kudos
nbamlb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue

0 Kudos
E2727
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the info

0 Kudos
davidjazz
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I saw this on the Mission Broadcasting webpage:

January 29, 2021 –DISH today has reached a multi-year agreement with Mission Broadcasting for carriage of their local stations. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we worked to reach an agreement that benefits all parties, especially our customers. This agreement restores local Mission stations for DISH customers...

So they are probably hammering out contracts with other carriers including Roku.

0 Kudos
nolejos

Jump to solution

Thank you for clarifying the loss of WPIX on the Roku App and its promise of returning. This network saved our bacon through the pandemic. Dan, Betty, OG, Ben and Marysol kept us sane.  Thank you  all!

Come back soon, we now need you more than ever!

Ken in Eugene, Oregon

nbamlb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When will pix 11 be on Roku

0 Kudos