Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tk247
Reel Rookie

WPIX / PIX11 app no longer available?

Jump to solution

Is the WPIX / PIX11 New York App no longer available on Roku?   I tried clicking on the PIX11 App that I had previously installed, My Roku screen went dark, the app page came back , but the PIX11 app was no longer on my saved app list.  I tried to do a search to re install it, but it does not come up in a search. Any ideas? No information found online .  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rboy12
Reel Rookie

Re: WPIX / PIX11 app no longer available?

Jump to solution

I received a response from Pix 11. They are in the process of changing and redeploying the app. Apparently they have new ownership? Bottom line is that they are fully aware what we're experiencing  they're working on making changes to the app.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@tk247

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Randrups

Jump to solution

Hello fellow PIXer, if that is what we are called.  I contacted PIX directly and I am waiting for a reply.  I will post they answer when I receive one.

rboy12
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Any update on this? The WPIX / PIX11 app was somehow removed from my home page and is no longer available. Losing WPIX / PIX11 and also losing the YES Network is about to send me back to my cable company. I'm very disappointed.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

May not be as convenient as just opening a channel, but you can always use the mobile app and cast to your Roku or watch Live on their site and HDMI cable from a laptop to your TV. (or again cast from a tablet if capable.)

https://www.pix11.com/about-us/apps

When you cord-cut and start streaming, you kind of have to learn to use workarounds sometimes when a Channel goes down for whatever reason.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
tk247
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello and Thank you. I have been trying to contact PIX with no success.  Hopefully there is a resolution.  I glad i am not the only one with this issue which is why I posted .

E2727
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've been trying to call Wpix 11 and Roku nobody ever wants to talk on the phone anymore, everything is automated and chat and I never get back to you

0 Kudos
rboy12
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hulu now carries the CW station which broadcasts the Pix 11 10:00 news. Therefore, I no longer have a problem. However, for those without Hulu the problem remains. I will point out for some of you that my Firestick still has the Pix 11 app which works fine.

E2727
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried adding WPIX 11 on my firestick and the app is not available, why is it off Roku and Fire Stick?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @E2727,

Thanks for your inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos