Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

WNEP16 Live Function does not work

Jump to solution

A recently installed the WNEP16 app on all my roku TV's and boxes.  Initially they all worked when using the live video function during the live broadcasts.  A few days ago the live function will play an old rerun of Ellen.  I have been able to play the live broadcast a couple of times in the morning hours, but lately that one doesn't work either.   Yet if I open the webpage and cast on chromecast then it works.   I've removed and reinstalled with no luck.  Again, this is happening on 2 roku tv's and 2 roku boxes.  Any ideas?   This was a great way to get rid of cable completely.  WNEP16 is the only local chanel I still watch, but only for the news.  I can still cast it, but it's mutch more convenient to hit the app and play.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: WNEP16 Live Function does not work

Jump to solution

Roku only provides the platform on which the channel apps run.  The channels themselves create their own channel apps, provide them to Roku, and maintain them.  Questions about the content or operation of specific channels should be directed to the channels themselves.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just noticed if you leave ellen playing it will go into the 4pm news show.   I don't understand why but it's better than nothing.   Why doesn't it play the 6pm show if it's 6pm?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

Roku only provides the platform on which the channel apps run.  The channels themselves create their own channel apps, provide them to Roku, and maintain them.  Questions about the content or operation of specific channels should be directed to the channels themselves.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos