Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dangerouscereal
Level 8

Vudu crash on roku soundbar

Vudu starts out working well, and then all the titles and thumbnails and sometimes the entire screen just goes black.  When you scroll you may see a title pop back up but its just here and there. I have several roku devices and have never had this problem before i bought the soundbar.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
Bubbles_aunty
Level 7

Re: Vudu crash on roku soundbar

We are having the same issue.  Brand new sound bar.  Updated the software.  Screen goes black flickers sound stays on.  The screen will come back.  Once had to power reset because the screen stayed black. Trying to watch a movie on Vudu. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Dangerouscereal
Level 8

Brand new soundbar here too. I updated, uninstalled vudu, reset, reinstalled vudu and am still having the same issue.  Vudu app says its up to date as well.  Roku... how can we fix this?

0 Kudos
Dangerouscereal
Level 8

First titles start to dissapearFirst titles start to dissapear

as you continue to scroll it becomes worse.as you continue to scroll it becomes worse.

Then the borders around the titles disappearThen the borders around the titles disappear

Or the screen goes almost completley blank.Or the screen goes almost completley blank.

Lenore76
Level 7

This is the exact same issue I am having on my Roku at this time. It’s so annoying! Saw posts that complain about this clear back in 2019. Can we please get it fixed!

0 Kudos
Bubbles_aunty
Level 7

We fixed the issue by going to Best Buy and buying an expensive gold plated hdmi cable.  Not sure why this fixed the issue.  But it did.  When we switched back to the included cable it happened again.   So I guess they are supplying **bleep** cables 

0 Kudos