Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jontalk
Level 7

Vudu channel issues

I've been a fan of this channel for quite awhile and often have a Wish List of over 30 titles. A couple of days ago while attempting to add selections, only a select number of those I wanted showed up in the list. Assuming it was a channel issue, I deleted it, power cycled and added it again to no avail. Then last night when I started a title, it had captions so I tried another one and it did as well. Since the Roku channel settings weren't responding, I went to Vudu.com settings and for some strange reason captions had been turned on,  and streaming quality settings had been changed. I opened a case with Vudu and am waiting for a response. Anyone else notice the problem with the Wish List?
Roku 3 - Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
LG OLED55B7A, Roku 3, Marantz SR-6005, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Vudu channel issues

Do you share the account with someone else? When both titles and settings are changing without you doing so, I'd think there might be someone else using the account simultaneously. Try changing your password, in case someone has hacked your account.

Just wild guesses here. I'd contact Vudu if that doesn't help
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
jontalk
Level 7

"jeffrok" wrote:
Do you share the account with someone else? When both titles and settings are changing without you doing so, I'd think there might be someone else using the account simultaneously. Try changing your password, in case someone has hacked your account.

No I don't share the account. Where the captions are concerned, it's possible the browser update might have impacted it, though the Wish List issue is unrelated. I've attempted to add a half dozen titles to the list and none of them get added. I've been using Vudu for over a year and never had this problem before. I can't help but think the issues are connected somehow. On occasion, I'll click to start a movie and it won't start normally. I have a 70 mbps WIRED connection too, which is WAY more bandwidth then needed.
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
LG OLED55B7A, Roku 3, Marantz SR-6005, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds.
0 Kudos
jontalk
Level 7

"jontalk" wrote:
"jeffrok" wrote:

No I don't share the account. Where the captions are concerned, it's possible the browser update might have impacted it, though the Wish List issue is unrelated. I've attempted to add a half dozen titles to the list and none of them get added. I've been using Vudu for over a year and never had this problem before. I can't help but think the issues are connected somehow. On occasion, I'll click to start a movie and it won't start normally. I have a 70 mbps WIRED connection too, which is WAY more bandwidth then needed.

After unchecking both close caption boxes in my Vudu.com account settings, I watched a couple of minutes of a movie online and it seemed to resolve the problem. Moments ago I logged into the Vudu channel and resumed the same movie. Within 20 seconds the captions started again. There is obviously a disconnect between my Roku channel account and the online version though I never had this issue before a few days ago

Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
0 Kudos
jontalk
Level 7

Just found another thread where others were having the captions problem. Seems obvious a glitch in the Vudu channel back end occurred which turned captions on. In order to fix it, you start a movie, pause, then scroll right to the CC button which shows English and click it to OFF which is supposed to be the default.

Very strange how it turned captions on by itself though.
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
0 Kudos