Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OzzyOyOy

Vudu Fandango Launching Automatically on Express +

Hi,

I consistently have the VUDU Fandango Channel Launching and interfering with other apps to where I can change channels or it automatically goes to the Vudu Channel. I've tried unplugging and rebooting everything to no avail. Can you please help!

Taylor

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Vudu Fandango Launching Automatically on Express +

If you have a Vudu direct access button on your remote, perhaps it's stuck in a partially depressed position.

Or if you have multiple remotes perhaps one is stuck somewhere with a Vudu button being compressed, like between cushions or under some magazines.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
OzzyOyOy

Thank you for the thought, but unfortunately this is not the issue. I'm think it has something to do with programming. I honestly which I could delete the channel since I don't use it.

Taylor

0 Kudos
OzzyOyOy

Can someone from Roku customer service help me? Honestly it's way to evasive to get help here. If this continues, I'm going to cancel. 

Taylor

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@OzzyOyOy 

You can remove the Vudu Channel (or any other channel, normally), by highlighting it, pressing the * button on your remote, and selecting "Remove Channel".

Normally, the suggestion provided by @makaiguy is the culprit.  If you have a shortcut Vudu button, wiggle the heck out it to make sure it is not making contacts within the remote.  Otherwise, remove batteries from remote and try using the official Roku Remote App from the Play/Apple Stores to control your Roku.  If the issue goes away using the Roku Remote App as a remote, then likely culprit is a stuck button, worn contact, or otherwise defective remote.  

Other suggestion is that perhaps you are using a screensaver or wallpaper that has Vudu ads embedded and perhaps triggering the Vudu Channel when using remote.  Switch to default Roku theme, wallpaper, and screensaver and see is issue goes away.

A lot of information on how to use your Roku device can be found at Roku Support page (https://support.roku.com/) and typing in your question or you can ask here from users that are familiar with Roku and use on a daily basis.

It may also be worthwhile to visit the Roku homepage and familarize yourself with how Roku works, in general. (https://www.roku.com/)  Always feel free to ask questions if you need more help.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Hubster911

Finally solved this! I thought the problem was with my Roku device, but it was actually the Vudu/Fandango app on my Sony TV that kept breaking through. To solve, I had to go into the Sony's menu by pressing the Home button, then I clicked on the following items in this order: 

Settings (which is the ⚙ icon on Sony TVs),  Apps, See All Apps, Vudu.

Then, within the Vudu menu, I clicked on the following:

Uninstall Updates, Clear Data, Clear Cache, Disable

(I probably only had to click on 'Disable' when I was in the Vudu menu, but I wasn't taking any chances! 😁)

I don't know if this problem only happens with Sony TVs, But whichever brand you have, similar steps should work. Good luck!

AvsGunnar

@Hubster911 

Thanks for the update.  Much appreciated.  👍.  (sneaky Vudu).

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos