Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hplain
Level 7

Vooks app gone

Jump to solution

We use the Vooks app religiously with our kids as part of their bedtime routine and tonight we found it missing from the Roku channel and no longer available in the store.  Does anyone know if Vooks was removed purposefully or if it will return?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hplain
Level 7

Re: Vooks app gone

Jump to solution

I had to log out of my vooks account on their website but I *was* able to answer my own question:

I can't access Vooks on my Roku?

Sorry about that! We are currently working on upgrading our infrastructure, during this process the Vooks Roku app will not be available. When this is completed you will be able to use your Roku to access Vooks again like normal. For the inconvenience we will be offering all our Roku users 30 days free access to Vooks.

Can I still access Vooks?

Yes, you can access Vooks through the web at watch.vooks.com or via our mobile apps on iOS or Android.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
hplain
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had to log out of my vooks account on their website but I *was* able to answer my own question:

I can't access Vooks on my Roku?

Sorry about that! We are currently working on upgrading our infrastructure, during this process the Vooks Roku app will not be available. When this is completed you will be able to use your Roku to access Vooks again like normal. For the inconvenience we will be offering all our Roku users 30 days free access to Vooks.

Can I still access Vooks?

Yes, you can access Vooks through the web at watch.vooks.com or via our mobile apps on iOS or Android.

View solution in original post

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@hplain 

Appreciate the update.  For what its worth, since still available as a mobile app and online, you can still cast or mirror or HDMI cable it to your Roku device or TV until the developers of Vooks complete their infrastructure upgrade.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Jump to solution

@hplain 
Thanks for reporting back.  So many fail to do this.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
MaxnMa
Level 7

Vooks App Unavailable on Roku

Jump to solution

When will the Vooks app return and be available on Roku?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Vooks App Unavailable on Roku

Jump to solution

Hello @MaxnMa

Thanks for the post.

Channels on Roku are developed and managed by the channel developer themselves. We would recommend reaching out to Vooks Support to know when their channel will return to our platform. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos