Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Badger51
Level 7

Volume on Google Play Movies

When accessing Google Play Movies on my TCL Smart TV, the volume level on Google Play Movies is much lower than other channels.

How can I increase the volume output from the channel.

Labels (2)
13 Replies
pr0carbine
Level 8

Re: Volume on Google Play Movies

Same problem here. Did you ever figure it out?

The voice was completely quiet for mine, but all the other audio was fine. Ended up playing my movie from YouTube through "My Purchases" 

0 Kudos
RonI75
Level 7

I had the same problem. No voice audio while playing the "Google Play, Movies & TV" app. Other background audio, non-voice related, is fine.  I did check that Roku player had the latest software, and it did have the latest s/w.  My new Roku play in another room does not have the problem. I swapped the Roku players in my house, and the problem followed the older Roku player, and not the TV.  I do hope we'll have a newer Roku software to download soon...  

0 Kudos
Badger51
Level 7

I haven't come across any solution.  Lately, I've been streaming Google PLay movies from an android device, rather than through the Roku software on my TV.

That seems to be a bit better

0 Kudos
RayRamirez
Level 7

Voice volume is awfully low

0 Kudos
duke2106
Level 7

I'm having the same problem. If I play them through Youtube, however, the audio is fine. Glad it's not just me.

I'm sincerely thinking about moving to the new Google Chromecast with Google TV, as most of my content is with Play movies and tv

Filmsbydan
Level 7

I have the same problem.  Started about a week ago.

0 Kudos
Tikiman747
Level 7

This just started on one of my 3 roku devices today. On a movie from google play that we have watched many times before without any issue. It’s as though it’s trying to broadcast to 5.1 but we don’t have a 5.1 system. We only get background audio, no main dialogue. All the other roku apps seem to work fine. Has anyone seen a fix? I see people who have commented on the issue but no solutions. 

0 Kudos
pr0carbine
Level 8

Honestly, I just use the YouTube app to access my Google Play purchases whenever the Play app is having issues. You can find all your movies in YouTube on the left hand side, under "Library,"  then "Purchases." Hope that helps! 

0 Kudos
Tikiman747
Level 7

I just tried this and it works, albeit a somewhat round-about way to fix it. So to ask, is your issue intermittent? Sometimes google play will work? I’ve never had this issue before but the fact that no setting changes can fix it on the roku is extremely disappointing. Not sure who would be at fault, roku or google since I only have this issue with google play, but neither one has been willing to help. 

0 Kudos