Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeeRNC58
Level 7

Voice and Picture are 5-10 minutes off from each other

Jump to solution

I am having issues with the voice and picture being at least 5-10 minutes off.  I called spectrum and they were available, did troubleshooting and indicated there is a known issue with Roku related to this.  I tried reaching out to Roku, went to customer support but nothing that comes up matches.  No email address to reach out, no available customer support to call in to.  I am thinking I made a huge mistake buying this device.  I would not recommend it to anyone and may share that with my online community.  Does anyone have a way to get help that doesn't involve using the support piece which takes me around in circles getting to nobody for help.  Nothing matches my search and as of right now I can't even watch CBS programs either recorded or going to on demand. Can someone help me...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Voice and Picture are 5-10 minutes off from each other

Jump to solution

If you're using the Spectrum channel on your Roku, do not do a factory reset or you won't get the channel back. Right now Roku and Spectrum are in a contract dispute and the channel is not available for download.

Are you sure it's 5-10 minutes? That's an incredible delay that seems unfathomable. Usually any delay is a matter of seconds. Does this happen with any other channel on your Roku? If not, then the problem is with the Spectrum channel, and unfortunately until they resolve their contract dispute there won't be any updates. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
boogernose
Level 18

Jump to solution

I doubt anyone has to wait 5 - 10 minutes.

You can try a factory reset.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

If you're using the Spectrum channel on your Roku, do not do a factory reset or you won't get the channel back. Right now Roku and Spectrum are in a contract dispute and the channel is not available for download.

Are you sure it's 5-10 minutes? That's an incredible delay that seems unfathomable. Usually any delay is a matter of seconds. Does this happen with any other channel on your Roku? If not, then the problem is with the Spectrum channel, and unfortunately until they resolve their contract dispute there won't be any updates. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

boogernose
Level 18

Jump to solution

Right! I should have said system reset

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.