Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RayJamm
Level 7

Why has Viki been removed when I can watch it on my computer in the UK

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Viki

Jump to solution

@RayJamm 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Viki support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Viki support here: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@RayJamm 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Viki support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Viki support here: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
TamaraC
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R ,

On this Viki support page, I read that the channel is available only for certain countries and that "If you would like your country to be included, you can request this to Roku directly".

How can I send the request if the Roku support is not available for my Roku model?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks in advance,

Tamara

0 Kudos
rose28
Level 7

Viki Rakuten in Ecuador

Jump to solution

Hi! I would like to know why isn't Viki Rakuten available in my region (Ecuador). I mainly adquired a roku premiere to download that app and enjoy it. I am disappointed now. I know that this channel is available in some other countries from South America, but why isnt i available in mine. I'd like to make a request for this channel to be available in Ecuador. I hope to get help soon.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
TamaraC
Level 7

On this Viki support page, I read that the channel is available only for certain countries and that "If you would like your country to be included, you can request this to Roku directly".

How can I send the request to Roku? (if the Roku support is not available for my Roku model).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@TamaraC wrote:

How can I send the request to Roku? (if the Roku support is not available for my Roku model).

Thanks!

I think whoever wrote that support page didn't know what he/she was talking about.

Roku has no knowledge, or control over, which regions a given channel may have the rights to stream to.

Further, the regions in which channel apps are authorized are controlled by the programming of the channel apps themselves.  With the exception of Roku's own channels (The Roku Channel, Roku Media Player, a few Roku help channels), the channel apps running on Roku are created, maintained, and supplied by the channel operators, not Roku -- Roku just provides the platform on which they run.  Roku cannot add a country to a channel app that is created and maintained by a third party channel operator -- only the channel owner can do that.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@TamaraC @rose28 

Thanks for the post.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos