Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfleary

Rakuten Viki channel: How to update the app on Roku devices

I have been paying for an annual subscription of Viki plus for a year or two through Roku.com. But have been unable to access Viki on the first two older Roku devices.

Viki support gave me these directions which (see my screenshot) are not available to me. No other response was sent from Viki support:

1. Go to the Roku Channel Store

2. Search for the Viki channel

3. Select 'Update' 

4. If the 'Update' option does not show up, then select 'Check for update'

I have three Roku devices, NOT a Roku TV. I am in the US:
1. Roku 2500x - 9.1.0.5006
2. Roku 2 XD - 9.1.0
3. Roku 3810x - 9.4.0

Can anyone else provide assistance?

Pasted Graphic.png

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Rakuten Viki channel: How to update the app on Roku devices

@cfleary

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that both the Roku XD and HD are much older devices that are no longer supported. 

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ewong

RokuDanny-R

Please help. You tried to help someone else with same issue, Viki app is not updating for me on my XD device.  Is  there anything you can do to help me?  I deleted the app, the reinstalled it, it said the app was up to date, but when I try to use the app, it asks me to update and when I click on the ok button, it does not update.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@ewong, you won't be able to update that channel/app or any other on your XD device which is no longer supported.  The help @RokuDanny-R was referring to was most likely a discount on a new device.  You can check your offers at:

https://my.roku.com/offers
|https://my.roku.com/upgrade/

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos