Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Viewing Acorn through Amazon Prime when I signed up for Acorn via Roku

I subscribed to Acorn through Roku on an older TV a few years ago. On my new SmartTV, I don't need to go through Roku to get to streaming channels. But when I try to access Acorn through Amazon Prime, it doesn't recognize me as already having a subscription to Acorn. I haven't been able to find a way to log in to my Acorn account in Prime so that it recognizes me as a subscriber. Is this even possible? I don't want to pay for a second subscription to be able to stream Acorn on my new TV.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Viewing Acorn through Amazon Prime when I signed up for Acorn via Roku

Per https://support.acorn.tv/en/support/solutions/articles/11000063366-how-can-i-manage-my-acorn-tv-acco...

"If you signed up for Acorn TV through a third-party platform, such as Roku, iTunes, Google Play, Amazon Prime, or Comcast/Xfinity, you will need to manage your account through their dedicated platform."

From this, you could try to log into your Roku account and see if there is any way to change control of your account from Roku to Amazon Prime. If not (which seems most likely) you should be able to cancel your Roku/Acorn account.

You could then open a new Acorn subscription. I'd suggest doing this directly with Acorn at www.acorn.tv. You can then use your Acorn login info to authorize Acorn on ANY supported device.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)