Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

View an Unpublished Video with the Roku Youtube App (I have the link to the video)

Is there any way to view an unpublished video using the Roku YouTube app/channel  ? 

My company has several locations with a basic Roku TV in the training room.  Each has the Youtube app installed.  We have a few training videos we've uploaded to YouTube but designated them as "unpublished" .  This means that for someone to view the video, they need the direct link.  Anyone can view it, as long as they have the specific link.

-- Any suggestions appreciated. - Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: View an Unpublished Video with the Roku Youtube App (I have the link to the video)

Here is how I do it. 

1) start the video on your computer/phone

2) click the "I like this" icon (thumbs up) - you need to be logged into your YouTube-account!

3) start your YoutTube channel on your Roku device

4) accessing the left-hand menu, go to "Liked" (I think it is the bottom second-to-last menu item) and you will find all videos your marked liked, even the unlisted ones.

Hope this works for you  :-)

0 Kudos