Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ianpb
Level 8

Videos on the Roku free language course apps not loading

After installing, I initially tried loading the free German language course app. However, the lesson videos fail to load after being clicked - it just gives the message 'Loading ads...', then the spinning disc, before just returning back to the video menu. After trying the other available free language apps (French, Spanish, Portuguese and Japanese), I've found the same fault to be occurring on them too, with the single exception of Spanish, which works as it should.

I've used the 'Feedback' facility twice to report playing issues for each of the faulty apps, but no one at Roku appears to be listening. I've not had this Roku Express box long, but I'm already wishing I hadn't wasted my money on it, and am considering a return to retailer for a refund.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Videos on the Roku free language course apps not loading

@Ianpb

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
John88
Level 7

I am not the one who reported this, but am having the same issues with the "CHINESE LANGUAGE LESSONS" app.

Tracker ID: 50-067-288

Roku Device: Roku TV 8402X     Insignia Model: NS-32DR310CA17

Serial Number: YK005S285750     Software Version: 9.4.0 * build 4200-49

The app has 33 different lessons grouped under 3 different submenus on the main menu,  You can click on any one of those lessons,   "Loading ads" appears for a couple seconds, followed by the spinning loading disc for a couple of  seconds and then a return to the main screen of the App.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@John88

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
lopesp
Level 7

So you have no input on how to fix, but to say "check with someone else?"

0 Kudos
MSuth
Level 7

I am having the same issue with the Learn German app.

Model: A114X - Roku TV

Software Version: 9.4.2 

Build 4195-88

Timestamp: 2021-04-10T14:07:18Z

Issue ID EU-143-407

Max

0 Kudos