Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tbon3z
Level 8

Videos aren’t playing on the YouTube app is not working on the Roku

I regularly play videos on the YouTube app. I recently updated the roku system and tried restarting and removing the application. Still isn’t playing any videos. 

13 Replies
Andy6835
Level 7

Re: Videos aren’t playing on the YouTube app is not working on the Roku

Same issue . It just stopped loading any video.I was watching few mins before

DavidTN
Level 7

Same issue here.  Removed YouTube app. Rebooted Roku.  Added app back.  Activated.  Get either black screen or clockwise dots.  

Tbon3z
Level 8

Hopefully it will be up and running 

rck213
Level 7

Videos were playing fine then suddenly will not on YouTube app. Reset device, no difference. Happened around 7:30 pm

GML
Level 9

They must be aware of the issue because now when I press on a video I get an error message that appears from the write stating something went wrong and to submit the report to fix it.

Sputs
Level 8

Same issue just installed the latest update now YouTube will load up but not play anything...I just get a black screen...not sure what's going on with roku lately seems to be going down hill . I have removed app and re download but its still the same 

jkelland
Level 7

YouTube just stopped working, tried all the usual stuff , power down , system reset etc, did not work any suggestions ?

Bidenishabibi
Level 7

Thank god I came across this thread my roku TVs won’t play YouTube at all it’s just a black screen my son falls asleep to watching YouTube it’s going to be a LONG night!

GML
Level 9

Then Roku will tell you it's a youtube issue. If Roku is going to offer this channel then Roku needs to make sure the channel is working properly.