Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bach3
Streaming Star

Video playback not working on Rumble

Jump to solution

Video playback is not working on Rumble. When trying to play videos on certain channels, the video won't play. Curiously, they just happen to be political channels, like Dan Bongino and the ACLJ channel. Considering the wave of censorship occurring at places like YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook, it raises a pretty big red flag.

The channels work fine on Rumble's website, but not on their Roku app, which pinpoints the problem likely being with Roku itself. Really really lame if that's the case. Maybe it's just a rogue Roku employee, or maybe it's just "technical difficulties" that only "just happen" to be occurring on these political channels.

Whatever the case, get your act together Roku. There's no excuse for stuff like this.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Video playback not working on Rumble

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @888777

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to the channel's customer support team to report the issue and get help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel log in.

Feel free to check my post above to know where you can contact Rumble Support.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
9OnTheSnap
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Exactly as you laid it out.

Ringoson

Jump to solution

Ditto. Maybe the execs at Roku have caved. I ditched Directv because of its left leaning. Maybe Roku isnt as non partisan as I thought...

luvyrpets

Jump to solution

This just started happening to me last night and still happening this morning.  Unable to play any Rumble videos on my Roku TV.  

Jump to solution

Same here. Noticed it last night. Hoping Roku hasn't caved to big tech. I joined rumble because youtube was censoring so many of the alt news platforms that I watch.  I hope my suspicions are unfounded and it's just a glitch in the system.

Jump to solution

Same issue. Does anybody from Roku ever respond to these forums?

mfields

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact issue

Jump to solution

Same here.  Unable to play most of my subscribed videos as of last night (1/28), and continues today.

I truly hope that Roku hasn't caved, and is censoring these channels, and that it's just a technical issue!

Tags (1)
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
9OnTheSnap
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Rumble, for me, is working again, as of this afternoon.