Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mchrobak
Level 7

Video half screen with Bloomberg TV app

Recently experienced changes to Bloomberg TV channel video where app displays only top half TV screen while viewing Bloomberg TV content - previously worked fine since originally installed several years ago.

- Roku Express+ 3910RW

- 802.11ac wireless LAN network - 40 Mbps connection speed

- Software 9.4.0 build 4200-51

- swapped HDMI cables and did not change situation

Appreciate any advice and/or suggestions to remedy situation.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Re: Video half screen with Bloomberg TV app

If you are DistroTV (Bloomberg Television) Channel, looks like the show plays in the top half with other selections below it.  Under that window pane it says to press the Instant Replay button (the one above the Rewind button) to view Full Screen.  Is that the issue you are having?

Maybe post a screenshot of the issue if this doesn't help.

0 Kudos
mchrobak
Level 7

Thank you for reply.  Not using DistroTV and the split screen feature.  Good to know though, thanks.  Using Bloomberg News app which includes Bloomberg TV and Bloomberg Quicktake.  Situation takes place when streaming Bloomberg TV.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Just checked the Bloomberg Media Channel/app.  Looks like current version is 3.0 build 3.

Have you already tried the standard troubleshooting..

1. Make sure channel is up to date. Roku OS is up to date.

2. Uninstall channel, do a System Restart, and then Re-install Channel. (in that order)

3. Try alternate HDMI port if available or another TV.

4. Contact Channel provider. https://www.bloombergmedia.com/contact/

Although your Express 3910 is older, don't really think that should be the issue since similar in specs to the newer ones and yours has the current 9.4 OS on it.  

0 Kudos
mchrobak
Level 7

Appreciate the reply.  Already tried items 1, 2 and 3. Just noticed the BBTV app was just revised in February.  Will contact channel provider, many thanks for link.

0 Kudos
BrianHiggins
Level 7

I have the same issue. I followed the instructions of uninstalling the channel, restarting, and reinstalling the channel.

The newly installed channel build shows that it is 3.0 build 3

Those steps did not solve the problem.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @BrianHiggins,

Thanks for the update regarding your playback issue with Blomberg TV.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
BrianHiggins
Level 7

Someone posted that they can get the Bloomberg Live TV broadcast channel from Pluto app.

Maybe you should just drop the Bloomberg app altogether since it is flawed and Bloomberg does not really respond in a timely manor? I mean, if I was a retail store and had a faulty product, that's what I would do.

0 Kudos