Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EddieR
Level 7

Video does not start after commercials

Recently purchased a Roku Express (3930, 3931 series) . the device regardless of channel will not return form commercial. It leaves the last frame of the commercial up and begins audio from the content. I have uninstalled multiple channels and reinstalled them as well as rebooting the device. Checked for updates as well and it is on 9.3.0 build 4170-AE. The only workaround I have found is to let the video continue for 15 second and then hit the quick rewind button. It seems that Roku will not allow for a support ticket for this... the device is causing enough frustration that I am about to throw out all my Roku devices due to lack of support.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Video does not start after commercials

@EddieR 

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, make sure that you restart the device before adding the channel back again.

If you are still experiencing this issue, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku model number
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS vers/build
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-specific channel and the version of the channel that you are experiencing this issue (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-generate a tracker ID when this issue occurs (when the issue occurs, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
EddieR
Level 7

Danny thank you for the response I have again removed the channel rebooted and the redownloaded and the issue persists the issue ID is ID RP-302-274. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@EddieR 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide me with all of the information that I have requested in my previous post so we can investigate further?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kamorgan6
Level 9

I have yet to hear back from them since sending them my last not so happy message.  I have been emailing them and letting them know about the issues we are all having .... have sent them videos and pictures but no response for several days now. I told them we needed to hear back from someone ASAP and not the copied or robotic message that we discovered they were sending to whoever wrote in. I am so disgusted and more than likely will not be purchasing any Roku products again. The support from them (or lack of) is completely unacceptable. 

0 Kudos
EddieR
Level 7

Sorry Danny I had this all typed up but apparently when I exited the post to grab and add the tracking ID the rest deleted. Here is the complete information.

-Roku model number 3930 - Roku Express
-serial number X00400MG8XRP
-device ID S008205G8XRP
-software OS vers/build 9.3.0 build 4170-AE
-specific channel and the version of the channel that you are experiencing this issue

Hulu Version 6.32 build 4

Netflix Version 5.1 build 81129090

-generate a tracker ID when this issue occurs 

ID RP-306-614 (generated on Hulu).

0 Kudos
Kamorgan6
Level 9

Danny...... none of your troubleshooting steps work.  I have sent in videos and pictures and have not heard back from any of you for several days and since myself along with some other very unhappy customers discovered you were all sending the same exact message to everyone and saying there was an update then there wasn’t. I also sent in the information above and of course..... no response.  It is ridiculous and completely unacceptable how Roku is handling this and the lack of customer support is maddening. We can’t even call in and talk to anyone. That too is unacceptable.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@EddieR 

Thanks for the post.

We are aware of the Hulu issue you are experiencing regarding commercials and expect the issue to be resolved in a future update.

In regards to Netflix, are you able to replicate the issue and if so, can you please provide us with a tracker ID so we can investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos