Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: BBC iPlayer not loading 2022

@JW6105 wrote:

Hello Mafooli, you seem to be the person with the answer here, can you explain the process by which you were able to get Royalbox up and running again? Reading through back posts I’m not really following what the fix is. 

Nope: mafooli got native BBC iPlayer working in the UK (I.e. legitimate use as designed).  Royalbox iPlayer  outside UK seems to be a copyright breaking scam (completely different channel to iPlayer), and, to protect UK broadcaster funding, hopefully Royalbox is now gone for good.

NB the mods seem to have merged two threads, unhelpful in this case.

BBC IPlayer is a hulking big channel app, and does have hiccups where it won't work on all devices (sometimes due to memory limitations).  Because of size and complexity iPlayer has been discontinued from older Roku devices (and older SmartTV too!) 

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
JW6105
Channel Surfer

I see. Does anyone know where I can find back episodes of Eastenders from a source that is legitimate? The BBC used to provide them to the untied states via an arrangement with WLIW. But that has now ceased.  

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@JW6105  Have you tried Britbox?

0 Kudos
JW6105
Channel Surfer

Yes, I have Britbox, they only offer current episodes. We were seeing 2010 episodes on wliw in New York, up until they discontinued providing them. 

0 Kudos
mafooli
Binge Watcher

i’m so sorry, i never saw this reply. factory reset your tv, don’t download the apps from the roku tab during set up, when i loaded the tv afterward the apps were working 

edit: above poster is correct, the apps that were designed for the tv just didn’t work - i don’t think royalbox is “legitimate” usage, per se. but why did roku merge two completely unrelated threads? did that, pointlessly, but never once replied to multiple support requests within the thread. bloody useless

0 Kudos
Ka24
Binge Watcher

Re: IPlayer and other UK catch-ups not working through ROKU

There is STILL no service, through Roku, for MY5, More4 and ITV Hub!

I have continuously reported this for months and there is still no solution or remedy from Roku!

This is preventing me from upgrading Roku on my other receivers and is seriously limiting my viewing!

WHY will not Roku respond???

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: IPlayer and other UK catch-ups not working through ROKU

@Ka24

Thanks for the post.

For more information about those channels' functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos