Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mozzman
Channel Surfer

Re: BBC iPlayer not loading 2022

Sent mine back to Currys and getting an LG

0 Kudos
mafooli
Binge Watcher

i don’t blame you - not one roku employee has bothered to reply since you posted that picture and i said i had the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Mozzman
Channel Surfer

Exactly ! no more Roku for me. Totally lost faith in them

0 Kudos

Hi everyone - Mafooli, you are a genius.  It has worked for me too.

What is mind boggling is that I've had this issue since Feb, finally sat down this afternoon to try it all and literally this afternoon is when a random stranger on the forum has given me the solution.  Two hours on the phone to Currys, TCL and Roku hasn't solved it, nor has the months of trawling online.  Why couldn't Roku have publicised this issue somewhere?  So if I hadn't seen this forum today, I would probably had given up and either lived without Iplayer forever or had to take the TV off the wall bracket, take it back etc etc.

To reiterate, I did this: Factory reset, and then on the Roku website page that the TV prompts you to visit on your laptop, don't bother adding any apps.  Just register again and use the TV remote to add your apps (or as I did, enter my Gmail username I've always had when registering, and the apps appeared on the TV from my old Roku settings - I gulped and thought this would mean the dodgy apps were there again, but it worked fine.)  I think the key is, don't use the Roku website on your laptop or phone to add apps - use the TV remote only.

mafooli
Binge Watcher

you’re very welcome! so glad it worked. I will be advising anyone i know to avoid Roku, and TCL, in the uk. I shouldn’t have had to spend 7 days working this out myself and imagine if i never posted here? you’d still be stuck, which is ridiculous. Not one reply from Roku, TCL told me curry’s is the person to talk to, curry’s hasn’t even heard of TCL??? 

I’m going to mark your reply as a “solve” so other people who are in the same situation can work it. really happy we now have working TVs!

edit; i can’t mark yours as a solve LOL. jesus wept. 

0 Kudos

Haha, more technical issues.  Not to worry, maybe many will read this topic to the end like I did and see the results we've both had.  Hopefully others will get some joy too.  If Roku email me I'll urge them to tell customers, don't just ignore a factory reset if you've done it once, try it again and install the apps from the TV, or at least a different way than the first time.

0 Kudos
DPW1982
Channel Surfer

Hi all,

Pleased to say that last night i did a factory reset and all of the UK Catch up Apps are now working as expected!

I didn't really feel that i did anything different during the setup to be honest, but am just glad these apps are now working.

Many thanks to all for on here for the support, but a big thumbs down to Roku & TCL for the complete lack of support!

0 Kudos
JW6105
Channel Surfer

Re: Video Problems with Royalbox BBC Iplayer

Omar Mody is the name I had for contact and he has replied to me in the past when I had issues, but now he has gone radio silent. My gut always told me there was something fishy with the app, as it contained many things that were impossible to get elsewhere. We were primarily using it to watch back episodes of Eastenders, which can not be found anywhere else. We were also able to watch the newest season of Peaky Blinders, before it was officially released on Netflix. I’m fairly sure they got taken down for broadcasting without permission. 

0 Kudos
JW6105
Channel Surfer

Are you saying the Royalbox app is viewable again for you now? Can you explain the process you employed to restore it? 

0 Kudos
JW6105
Channel Surfer

Hello Mafooli, you seem to be the person with the answer here, can you explain the process by which you were able to get Royalbox up and running again? Reading through back posts I’m not really following what the fix is. 

0 Kudos