Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svndztunzgal
Reel Rookie

Re: Royalbox itv & bbc not working

i tried to see if it might come back on by removing and adding the channel. no resolve. i hope it is a temporary glitch. crossing my fingers.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Which model Roku TV? BBC dropped support for older Roku models. It’s probably not your model though 

0 Kudos

Re: Video Problems with Royalbox BBC Iplayer

I am having the same problem. The message on the tv said that Royalbox BBC iplayer no longer available. The app itself was grayed out and blank. So I deleted the app and tried to reload the app and the app was on longer on ruko! Very disappointed I enjoyed it! This makes me so mad, what’s up with the **bleep** British they are such a pain when it comes to tv programming in the US. They don’t even release their show the same time as the Brits. They release the one year later. And shows you think are new are 10 years old. Example : Candice, great French detective show. They only released 4 seasons. Turns out this show started 11 years ago. This is how the British are milking the American public. We are being ripped off and they are making a fortune! They make me sick!

0 Kudos
Maria1263

Re: Royalbox and royalbox ITV

I saw that today and want to know what happened too.  Hoping they come back.

I love my ITV channels.  

Zuzuspetals
Reel Rookie

I know I contacted customer service and they couldn’t tell me if the channels were canceled 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: All4 channel no longer working

@Katieshoe @Ka24

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about those channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel providers' support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Cuts both ways, you know. And life suck a bit sometimes, but this is a first world problem, so keep thing in proportion.

UK viewers don't always get the best US shows at the same time as they are released in the US, if at all in some cases.  And it is hit and miss which OTA channel or streaming service will get a US show, e.g. HBO gets spread across Channel 4/All 4, ITV Hub, and Now/Sky Atlantic.

Any producer of TV shows is entitled to monetise it any way they see fit to maximize recoupment, and US channels have to want to buy a show (which may not be right away, especially if not an original funder).

UK producers often don't have as big a budget as US ones, which tends to result in fewer episodes for series (each year and in total): 6, 8, 10, 12, 13 per year are commonplace, where a US series might have 22 per year.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

I think Royalbox may be gone for good.

They seemed to be rebroadcasting BBC and ITV outside of UK for a monthly fee without permission of BBC and ITV.

Many programmes from BBC and ITV are available on "official" subscription service "britbox" on Roku. 

Not all, though, since some content is joint venture with other US streaming channels, and no way to get a live feed of OTA channels from UK on Roku outside of UK

Not a Roku employee
krbuts34
Reel Rookie

Easy on the Brits...If you read the entire thread you will realize the Royalbox BBC iplayer is not affiliated with the actual/real British iPlayer. This app is affiliated with someone named Omar Mody admin@gplexdb.com. This is a US based company out of San Francisco, I believe. I would assume/hope Roku removed it, because of all the issues and complaints. 

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Not a BBC iPlayer device support problem

I think Royalbox has been rebroadcasting BBC and ITV content without permission for a fee.

Someone probably has found this out and forced a shutdown.

Some of what you want will be on official BBC/ITV channel "BritBox", for a subscription.

Not a Roku employee