Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hewmorist
Level 7

Video Problems with Royalbox BBC Iplayer

Jump to solution

Anyone having problems with Royalbox BBC I player? I just loaded it and get periodic glitches and loss of video/audio synch. Strangely the Royalbox ITV player runs ok. 

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Video Problems with Royalbox BBC Iplayer

Jump to solution

@hewmorist 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@hewmorist 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
hewmorist
Level 7

Jump to solution

How does one go about contacting the developer? The app just says "Royalbox" with no link. Does Roku maintain contact info about the developers somewhere?

beckymcbride
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can't find any answer to this question.  I added RoyalBox to my channels -- paid the $6 and I can only watch the first episode of any show.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@beckymcbride

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
prafa
Level 7

Jump to solution

I ran into the same problem with only getting the first episode.  I went into the search bar and typed in the name of the show and episode 5.

tamcam
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes I totally can relate. I subscribed to Royal box and it shuts down. Sometimes I can actually watch half of a show before it shuts down sometimes it just shuts down when I try to open it. I tried removing it and re subscribing. I also tried shutting down Roku and restarting. Nothing works. And their website has no way to reach customer support

Ava24
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am asking ROKU to pull Royal Box and refund all of us. It is a scam. It has nothing to do with BBC iPlayer. That is why people are having all the problems as stated in other posts.

From BBC:

Hello Ilene,

Thank you for contacting BBC iPlayer support.

The BBC does not own any international iPlayer service such as the one you have described.

BBC iPlayer is funded by the UK TV licence and its use is restricted to UK residents only. While you can’t watch TV programmes, here’s a list of services you can use if you live outside the UK:

BBC Sounds
BBC Podcasts
BBC News
BBC Sport
BBC Three YouTube channel

Some features or content may be restricted to the UK for rights or legal reasons.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Ava24

Thanks for the post.

As previously stated in this thread, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
earthshoes
Level 8

Jump to solution

This doesn't app work for me. And neither does Roku's hands off attitude.

This provider CHARGES for this app (they also charge you again when you uninstall and reinstall it in an attempt to fix the issue-- not sure that's legal). And it's unusable about 1/2 the time (crashes, lags, freezes). You obviously know this (and have known it for a while), yet you do nothing to protect your customers. Not so much as a warning in the description that the Provider doesn't provide support for American viewers. Instead, you let us pay for it and then find out. And when we do come here looking for answers, you tell us to contact them. That's how we learn that they aren't interested in helping us because this app isn't for Americans.  But at that point, they've already got their money. And you've got whatever cut you get.

How many of us have done this now? A few 1000? How can you ethically condone this?