Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Version 9.4.0 Build 4190 Breaks YouTubeTV?

I manually updated my Roku stick to version 9.4.0 Build 4190 and now I get an error trying to watch anything with YouTubeTV.  The main issue gives this error, "Playback error. An error occurred. Please try again later. 2: 4RHC 7MQC F806".  I clicked on send feedback.  Also, when the app is first loading, if I click on anything, it asks me to confirm that I want to exit the app.  I tried looking for additional Roku updates and YouTubeTV updates, but the system reports that there are none.  Anyone else seeing this?

7 Replies
Level 7

Re: Version 9.4.0 Build 4190 Breaks YouTubeTV?

After my update it will not connect to our router. I think this update just bricked my roku.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I have exact same problem on my Roku Ultra and TCL

0 Kudos
Level 20

There is an outage around the world with you tube and you tube tv:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/11/21561764/youtube-down-outage-loading-videos

Has nothing to do with roku updating. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 8

That didn’t affect me.  I switched to the laptop and YouTubeTV was fine. It has the ability to cast to Roku, so that is my workaround for now. 

0 Kudos
Level 8

Well, this morning, everything is fine.  Not sure if it was a Roku thing, or an issue with the YouTubeTV app or their service.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I just updated my TCL TV to 9.4.0 4190 and I am not having any issues with YouTube TV. I hope you are able to resolve your issue. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

yes, Youtube is borked

0 Kudos