Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeaBoult
Level 8

Version 9.4.0 Build 4190 Breaks YouTubeTV?

I manually updated my Roku stick to version 9.4.0 Build 4190 and now I get an error trying to watch anything with YouTubeTV.  The main issue gives this error, "Playback error. An error occurred. Please try again later. 2: 4RHC 7MQC F806".  I clicked on send feedback.  Also, when the app is first loading, if I click on anything, it asks me to confirm that I want to exit the app.  I tried looking for additional Roku updates and YouTubeTV updates, but the system reports that there are none.  Anyone else seeing this?

7 REPLIES 7\
vpelss
Level 7

Re: Version 9.4.0 Build 4190 Breaks YouTubeTV?

After my update it will not connect to our router. I think this update just bricked my roku.

0 Kudos
chillwil33
Level 7

I have exact same problem on my Roku Ultra and TCL

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

There is an outage around the world with you tube and you tube tv:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/11/21561764/youtube-down-outage-loading-videos

Has nothing to do with roku updating. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SeaBoult
Level 8

That didn’t affect me.  I switched to the laptop and YouTubeTV was fine. It has the ability to cast to Roku, so that is my workaround for now. 

0 Kudos
SeaBoult
Level 8

Well, this morning, everything is fine.  Not sure if it was a Roku thing, or an issue with the YouTubeTV app or their service.

0 Kudos
lewisedwards
Level 7

I just updated my TCL TV to 9.4.0 4190 and I am not having any issues with YouTube TV. I hope you are able to resolve your issue. 

0 Kudos
drok
Level 7

yes, Youtube is borked

0 Kudos