Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jkwilson
Reel Rookie

Version 11.0.0 has made two of my Roku devices unusable. Slow and failed app loading.

Jump to solution

Build 4193-50.

Apps are extremely slow to load and often don’t load at all. Native TV apps work flawlessly on both TVs. Borrowed the neighbors’ Firestick and it works perfectly.

I have rebooted, cleared cache, deleted unused apps, reinstalled apps, rebooted the router and finally reinitialized my 3810X to factory settings and started over. No improvement at all. The only app that doesn’t have problems is Hulu.

Clearly the software update has a major flaw.

Is there anything else I can try before I order Firesticks? Any way to roll back the non-functional update to firmware that works or get my money back for these devices? I feel like you have cheated me on these.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jkwilson
Reel Rookie

Re: Version 11.0.0 has made two of my Roku devices unusable. Slow and failed app loading.

Jump to solution

Found an easy solution. Order a Firestick and got it yesterday. Installed it and all channels work flawlessly!

I won’t forget the total lack of help from Roku in solving the problem, but in the end they did me a favor.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jkwilson
Reel Rookie

Re: Version 11.0.0 has made two of my Roku devices unusable. Slow and failed app loading.

Jump to solution

Found an easy solution. Order a Firestick and got it yesterday. Installed it and all channels work flawlessly!

I won’t forget the total lack of help from Roku in solving the problem, but in the end they did me a favor.

sofakinghot
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Does Firestick require an Amazon Prime acct for it to work?

pronouns: she/her
Hello from Chicago, IL…on the land belonging to the Kiikaapoi (Kickapoo); Peoria; Bodéwadmiakiwen (Potawatomi), Miami; and Očeti Šakówiŋ (Sioux) indigenous peoples.
0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@sofakinghot 

You need an Amazon account, not necessarily a Prime subscription.