Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yakattack
Level 7

Verizon Authentication New App

I have a roku ultra device.  I have a sub account under my parents for Verizon.  When I try and log in for a new app (fox sports, food network, hgtv) it tells me I cannot make any changes and the main account holder needs to log in.  Is this an issue or is it the sub account.  I tried reaching out to fios but they were useless.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Verizon Authentication New App

@Yakattack wrote:

I have a roku ultra device.  I have a sub account under my parents for Verizon.  When I try and log in for a new app (fox sports, food network, hgtv) it tells me I cannot make any changes and the main account holder needs to log in.  Is this an issue or is it the sub account.  I tried reaching out to fios but they were useless.

I don't have Verizon Fios, so I'm asking questions from a general point of view, not as an experienced Fios subscriber.

Are you sure your parents' account has those services as part of their service? If it says you can't make changes, that indicates you're trying to make changes. And, the first change that comes to mind is adding to or expanding the content package. So, if the service doesn't include Food Network, it would have to be added to authenticate. So, my question is are you sure those are part of the service?

DBDukes
http://www.mystreaminglife.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Yakattack
Level 7

Re: Verizon Authentication New App

Hey.  That is the first thing I thought but all the channels I am looking to add they have.  I verified both with my parents and by looking at the programs they have under their plan.

0 Kudos