Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nocable
Level 7

VUDU Roku Channel Accessibility Option Off or On ?

So, with my 3600X stick, with the Vudu channel Settings icon selected, there is an "Accessibility" item in the drop down menu, that allows you to "toggle (this) on or off in your device settings." It's set of Off by default.

What is this, and what is supposed to happen if I toggle "Accessibily" On?
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Ultra & 3600
SPECTRUM - 100/10 Mbps

Favorite Roku Channels:
WEATHER4US
PLUTO TV
YOU TUBE
PLUTO TV
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: VUDU Roku Channel Accessibility Option Off or On ?

I'm not certain where you are seeing this?  I'm looking on my Roku 3 and not seeing a settings option with "Accessibility."

I'm guessing by the language of that setting it has to do with the audible prompts for the hard-of-hearing (which can be turned off/on by hitting * 5x from the home screen).
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
nocable
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
I'm not certain where you are seeing this?  I'm looking on my Roku 3 and not seeing a settings option with "Accessibility."

I'm guessing by the language of that setting it has to do with the audible prompts for the hard-of-hearing (which can be turned off/on by hitting * 5x from the home screen).

It's in the settings where My Account, Parental Control, Closed Captioning, Playback Quality, System Information, etc. are.
However, I did not see an "Accessibility" setting using my 3500X Stick. But then, I don't know if the VUDU channel is somehow taking note of the technology of the display it's interacting with. I use the 3500 with a monitor in my office. And I use the 3600 with a flat screen TV. The VUDU channel cites "your device." Meaning the Roku device??
But what you suggested, audible prompts for the hard of hearing, that likely is it. Thank you.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Ultra & 3600
SPECTRUM - 100/10 Mbps

Favorite Roku Channels:
WEATHER4US
PLUTO TV
YOU TUBE
PLUTO TV
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Thanks for the info.

Yes, "your device" probably means the Roku.  In your my.roku.com settings, you can name the Roku units for easier identification (I use it to identify which Roku units are in particular rooms or locations).

I'll check with others this week who have access to a 3600 for testing, since I don't have one off-hand.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

"nocable" wrote:
So, with my 3600X stick, with the Vudu channel Settings icon selected, there is an "Accessibility" item in the drop down menu, that allows you to "toggle (this) on or off in your device settings." It's set of Off by default.

It is for those who are hearing impaired. I'm not certain as to any differences between Vudu's new UI as compared to the previous UI they used for years, but it is for the captions option where a user can adjust text size and colors if they wish if memory serves me.  
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

"nocable" wrote:

It is for those who are hearing impaired. I'm not certain as to any differences between Vudu's new UI as compared to the previous UI they used for years, but it is for the captions option where a user can adjust text size and colors if they wish if memory serves me.  
0 Kudos