Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rwhewitt
Level 9

VUDU Channel: Turning off Closed Captioning problem

How do you turn off closed captioning? I see the * on the remote. I see the closed caption option. I select OFF. I then press OK on the remote. Still have closed captioning ON. What am I missing here?
7 Replies
lion7718
Level 8

Re: VUDU Channel: Turning off Closed Captioning problem

When playing a movie on Vudu, click OK/Pause then scroll to CC/ENG & click.
Roku Stick: 3800RW
Roku Stick: 3800X
Roku Stick: 3600X (Died)
Roku 1 SE: 2710X (Retired)
Roku 2 XS: 3100X (Retired)
atc98092
Level 16

It depends on the channel. Some use the Roku player settings, while others control it independently. I can't recall what Vudu uses. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
8traxrule
Level 7

Go to the "Settings" part and make sure you have captioning defaulting to Off. You should also be able to select the default streaming quality (SD, HDX or UHD) and turn TV series autoplay on or off.
0 Kudos
Jas58
Level 7

To turn caption off on any Roku on a VUDU movie is simple... Hit ok button to pause scroll to right TURN OFF ENGLISH, then CC will appear ..Your closed caption is now of,You must turn off English ignore when it says CC afterwards then enjoy movie.
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Some Vudu Closed Caption settings may need to be modified inside your Vudu account online. We'd recommend contacting Vudu support directly for more assistance: https://www.vudu.com/content/support.html

Please see Forum Guidelines for posting: https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=38665

This thread was for a previously resolved issue. 

If you still need assistance with this issue please feel free to create a new post. We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Infobookworm
Level 7

This worked perfectly! Thank you!

0 Kudos
MAW
Level 7

This worked for me. While watching the movie push the ok button and at the bottom scroll to the right.

0 Kudos