Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaLa
Level 7

VH1 App Worst Ever!

Downloaded the VH1 channel earlier this week and, I swear, it is the jankiest app I've ever encountered on Roku. Can't watch a single show without it buffering and disconnecting every few minutes.

Anyone else experiencing difficulties with it?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: VH1 App Worst Ever!

I'm not using it, as it requires authentication with a cable provider. However, sometimes problems with apps can be solved by removing and reinstalling them.

In a situation like this, I'd suggest first logging out of the app. If you have multiple devices, log out of each of them.

Next, remove the app from your Roku. If you have more than one Roku, it doesn't matter which one.

Then, reboot your Roku. Reboot them all, if you have multiple. This will now fully remove the app from the devices.

Now, reinstall the app. Log in, and see if it now works properly.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

I personally wasn't impressed with the VH1 app/channel. I was looking forward to seeing some VH1 Classic content (I'm particularly a fan of That Metal Show and Behind the Music Remastered) and maybe some classic VH1 programming that are not available on other services, but I didn't really care for or recognize what the channel had to offer. In fairness, it's been years since I've watched the main VH1 channel regularly so it's probably that I'm unfamiliar with the current programming on the channel. Once I saw that most of what I enjoy from VH1 outside of the occasional reality shows that I enjoyed (Which is rare), is primarily on VH1 Classic, I got hooked on that.
0 Kudos
MWDXER
Level 10

As with several apps, they do not connect with Dish, even though I get VH1 on Dish. I have always felt, if I pay for the service on any carrier, the service should be free on the Roku. But I have read, they have different rules.
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

"MWDXER" wrote:
As with several apps, they do not connect with Dish, even though I get VH1 on Dish. I have always felt, if I pay for the service on any carrier, the service should be free on the Roku. But I have read, they have different rules.

I am a longtime DirecTV subscriber. I remember many years ago when my family and I were first making the switch from cable, we did a lot of research between DirecTV and Dish Network and we heard nothing, but bad things about Dish particularly when it came to their customer service. Their lack of selection also didn't sit well with me as far as premium/sports content they offered and what they charged for packages.

Almost 14 years later, I know we made the right choice going with DirecTV. Even though technology has advanced considerably as compared to back then, it doesn't surprise me that Dish would be so far behind as compared to what other providers offer as free add ons for subscribers. Far as DirecTV, I recently upgraded to their current line of equipment and I have nothing, but good things to say about their services. I wish they would add epix though.
0 Kudos
TeamMoldy
Level 7

My VH1 app keeps saying content unavailable. Has been for days.
0 Kudos