Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was the Uzzu.tv channel removed?

Jump to solution

Why did they remove this app? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why was the Uzzu.tv channel removed?

Jump to solution

Roku will remove any app that carries pirated content.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
DBDukes

Jump to solution

Roku will remove any app that carries pirated content.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Pianoplayer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Because Uzza.tv doesn't run their customer billing through Roku. Roku has given Uzza.tv a week to run their billing through Roku, which would result in Roku getting 30%. Uzza would have to either raise their subscription rates or absorb the loss, and they aren't in a position to do both.  

This was explained in a lengthy email I received from Uzza a few minutes ago. According to the email, the app works fine with a Firestick, and they will pay half of the cost for customers who choose to purchase a Firestick for watching Uzza. 

I went ahead and ordered a Firestick. If I like the way it works with my other apps, I will close out my Roku account. 

DBDukes

Re:Why was the Uzzu.tv channel removed?

Jump to solution

Nice piece of fiction there. I wonder if they have written anything else?

Uzzu.TV is a pirate video Website. The NFL has exclusive deals with other services. And there are blackout rules for NFL games. Uzzu.TV gets around all this by stealing the content, then selling the stolen video streams to you.

But, sure, go with the "Roku is greedy" line. Ignore the theft of services.

Oh, and yes, Firestick is a good device. It's also one of the favorites of pirate services because of how easy it is to break the security and install apps that will allow pirated content much easier. But it is a good device.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Pianoplayer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku will keep the channel if they pay the 30%.  If the channel were not legit, why would Roku do that? 

DBDukes

Jump to solution

You believe an email from a bunch of lying thieving pirates? No wonder email scams are so successful. 

DBDukes

0 Kudos
RocknRef
Binge Watcher

Re: Uzzu.tv @DBDukes @Uzzu tv is not pirated content and violates no current copyright laws. Supreme

Jump to solution

@DBDukes @Uzzu tv is not pirated content and violates no current copyright laws. Supreme Court already ruled on this

They do not rebroadcast any shows. That is why you can only watch live content on these type of services like locast or Uzzu

@DBDukes wrote:

Uzzu.TV is a pirate video Website. The NFL has exclusive deals with other services. And there are blackout rules for NFL games. Uzzu.TV gets around all this by stealing the content, then selling the stolen video streams to you.

Oh, and yes, Firestick is a good device. It's also one of the favorites of pirate services because of how easy it is to break the security and install apps that will allow pirated content much easier. But it is a good device.

@DBDukes wrote:

These programs are all beamed for free by the networks and streamed over our internet. There is nontheft because there is no rebroadcast

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Re: Uzzu.tv @DBDukes @Uzzu tv is not pirated content and violates no current copyright laws. Supreme

Jump to solution

@RocknRef wrote:

@DBDukes @Uzzu tv is not pirated content and violates no current copyright laws. Supreme Court already ruled on this

They do not rebroadcast any shows. That is why you can only watch live content on these type of services like locast or Uzzu

These programs are all beamed for free by the networks and streamed over our internet. There is nontheft because there is no rebroadcast

SCOTUS ruled on this? Got a case you can cite? Didn't think so.

It's priated content. You do what you want. Steal what you wish. It's a priate app and subscribers are paying pirates for illegal content.

Further reading: https://www.techhive.com/article/3624570/when-the-cost-of-cord-cutting-sounds-too-good-to-be-true-it...

DBDukes

0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@DBDukes wrote:
It's a pirate app and subscribers are paying pirates for illegal content.

That's the part that I will never understand -- that some people will willingly pay (i.e., provide their financial details to) people whose obvious, actual business is theft! Just give all your details to thieves, what could go wrong with that!

RocknRef
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Please do not defame me for schooling you on copyright law.Do your own reaearch before calkingnyourself an expert. Do more than offer an opinion while slandering me.

0 Kudos