Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BerlinSiege
Level 7

User since 2011 -WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT EVER

I have been a fan of ROKU since i bought one in 2011.
I planned on giving Youtubetv a try - but here is the rat's nest of issues:
I have a Roku 2 xd and it will not show an activation code, now that i reset my password.
However, all my channels show up!!
If i use the app as a remote, it works, but if I log in on the app, it says " device not linked".
Wow - AND .... no agent support for devices bought before 2015?
The female voice is nerve - grinding, her slow motion ranting appalling.

I think I will document my experience here and send a few emails to Venturebeat.

Your turn,
ROKU TEAM
0 Kudos
2 Replies
twiceover
Level 10

Re: User since 2011 -WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT EVER

Just curious, how long do you expect a company to support a product that has a 1 year warranty?  Just an honest question.

I'd do a full factory reset and if that didn't work I'd throw it away and buy something made in the last couple years.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: User since 2011 -WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT EVER

Sorry, but YouTube tv won't work on a Room XD because the hardware demands are too high for YouTube Tv.

Trust me, just spend the $50 or more and get a nice new Roku Stick or Ultra.. I got rid of my 2 XS long ago because the several of the newer channels aren't compatible with it. The XD is a device that came out 7 years ago.. ancient in tech time, much like a computer.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos