Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pthoma0831
Level 7

User must reauthenticate, code 012-1206-403

Getting this error code when trying to watch a few shows on History and Nat Geo.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (several times) and have tried uninstalling, restarting the system and reinstalling with no luck. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: User must reauthenticate, code 012-1206-403

History and Nat Geo are only available to those who are paying for them via paid subscriptions to tv providers that carry these services.  They may occasionally ask you to re-login to confirm that your TV provider subscriptios are still in force.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
Pthoma0831
Level 7

Right, I understand that.  I should have mentioned that I have subscriptions to both channels through Sling TV. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Pthoma0831

Thanks for the note.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Sling TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Sling TV support here: https://help.sling.com/

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Kmcallister
Level 7

I have this problem, we subscribe to nat geo through roku I’m getting this error message. I have removed and reinstalled twice , I have signed out and back in and roku site is not answering my question. Now what?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Kmcallister, if you're getting a "reauthenticate" message it's not coming from Roku, so they can't help you.  Have you read the previous posts in this thread?  Are any of them helpful?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
joyfull1
Level 7

I called my TV provider who said it's Roku's fault. Roku says it's the app provider's fault. The app says it's the TV provider's fault. So round and round it goes. Nobody will fix it.

0 Kudos